My scans SUCKED!

Options
2»

Comments

• GrammyKaren
    GrammyKaren Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Dear Nancy
    Just logged in and I am so sorry to read your about your scan report.
    Dig deep, I've heard that phrase alot. If anyone has the support to hold you up , its you.
    This is a time to turn it over to the care of God.
    You will do fine with rads and the port.
    Its what we do. The battle is on again and here u go.

I am praying for your husband and family, its hard on them most.

Wish I could wrap u up in a cozy blanket and give you years free of worry. Hang in~ we love you.

Hugs, Karen
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

Dear Nancy
    Just logged in and I am so sorry to read your about your scan report.
    Dig deep, I've heard that phrase alot. If anyone has the support to hold you up , its you.
    This is a time to turn it over to the care of God.
    You will do fine with rads and the port.
    Its what we do. The battle is on again and here u go.

I am praying for your husband and family, its hard on them most.

Wish I could wrap u up in a cozy blanket and give you years free of worry. Hang in~ we love you.

Hugs, Karen

Dear Nancy,
    I am so sorry

Dear Nancy,
    I am so sorry about all that you're going through. D#*%@ this beast! I'm praying and hoping everything is easier on you than expected.
    I had my port inserted under anesthesia and removed the same way just because I'm a wimp but lots of ladies get it done without anything. It took about a week to get used to it, but you will. It's really the best thing to protect your veins.
    Stay strong my friend, you are a warrior!
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Dear Nancy,
    I am so sorry

Dear Nancy,
    I am so sorry about all that you're going through. D#*%@ this beast! I'm praying and hoping everything is easier on you than expected.
    I had my port inserted under anesthesia and removed the same way just because I'm a wimp but lots of ladies get it done without anything. It took about a week to get used to it, but you will. It's really the best thing to protect your veins.
    Stay strong my friend, you are a warrior!
    Hugs,
    Wanda

You deserve a medal~
    Nancy, you are heroic in your approach to fight this. I can only imagine you facing each battle, the simulations (I have seen those head masks~I am smiling you chose lime green!) the port, all the tests and trials. My goodness, you deserve the medal of stamina! You are continually in my prayers, and your family.
    Hugs~♥~
    Melanie
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

You deserve a medal~
    Nancy, you are heroic in your approach to fight this. I can only imagine you facing each battle, the simulations (I have seen those head masks~I am smiling you chose lime green!) the port, all the tests and trials. My goodness, you deserve the medal of stamina! You are continually in my prayers, and your family.
    Hugs~♥~
    Melanie

I'm sending hugs and prayers
    I totally agree with you, Nancy, this sucks! Big time. Take one day at a time, one foot in front of the other, blah, blah, blah. We'll be there with you every step of the way.

Suzanne
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options

I'm sending hugs and prayers
    I totally agree with you, Nancy, this sucks! Big time. Take one day at a time, one foot in front of the other, blah, blah, blah. We'll be there with you every step of the way.

Suzanne

Nancy I'm praying for you! I
    Nancy I'm praying for you! I hope this treatment goes by quickly and you'll be done with this.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Nancy I'm praying for you! I
    Nancy I'm praying for you! I hope this treatment goes by quickly and you'll be done with this.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Nancy... Sending Prayers your way!!!
    Keep the positive attitude and spirit!!! You're a Fighter and Will Kick butt again!!!

The Port surgery is a piece of cake. Out patient operation. You'll love the port once you begin treatments. It's makes the infusions EZ and painless. Just put the numbing cream on the port area 30 minutes prior to the infusion and you're good to go. I would not have been able to make it without the port. Love it!!!

Keeping you in my prayers. All Will go well!!!

Positive vibes and Hugs sent your way.

{{{Hugs}]}
    Mitzi
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I think
    I have not read all the other posts prior to putting mine in so perhaps this will be a repeat of info. I was put out for the port going in. I was not for it comming out as the procedure is simpler on the comming out side. Also steroids were actually my friend as it allowed me to function well for several days after getting them. But watch it so that you don't over do it. Tell yourself "I feel well today and might be able to get more done, but I have cancer, so it is time to sit and do something relaxing".

Will continue to pray for you dear.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

You deserve a medal~
    Hugs~♥~
    Melanie

Praying for you Nancy.Hugs,
    Praying for you Nancy.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    ladyg said:

Nancy
    So sorry to hear this bad news. I will keep you in my thoughts and send positive energy to help you beat this.

Hugs,
    Georgia

So sorry Nancy about your
    So sorry Nancy about your bad news. I know it isn't what you wanted or expected. Positive thoughts and prayers to you!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Nancy, yes, this news
    Nancy, yes, this news sucks!! Your post does sound like there is a plan in place and you are ready to do battle, once again. I had a port put in when I started chemo, again, in August 2011. I am not real keen on being "put out", so I opted to have the port put in without ANY drugs, other then the numbing meds they use. It wasn't bad at all. It happened to be a very busy day at Mayo and I actually walked into the operating room, had the port inserted and then walked out to the recovery area. I didn't have to stay in recovery because I had no meds. I didn't have a port for my first chemo in June 2009 but am glad I have one now. I just finished my 10th treatment yesterday of Abraxane and so far so good.

Probably the worst part of a Stage IV dx is that we are in treatment forever.....the good part, there are a multitude of chemos to keep us here. Good luck to you. I am sending you strength surrounded with a great BIG HUG!!

Debbie

Nancy, I hate this news! It
    Nancy, I hate this news! It does sound like your doctors are ready to fight this and I know you are ready. You stay strong and keep fighting Nancy.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

I think
    I have not read all the other posts prior to putting mine in so perhaps this will be a repeat of info. I was put out for the port going in. I was not for it comming out as the procedure is simpler on the comming out side. Also steroids were actually my friend as it allowed me to function well for several days after getting them. But watch it so that you don't over do it. Tell yourself "I feel well today and might be able to get more done, but I have cancer, so it is time to sit and do something relaxing".

I wish
    I wish the best for you.Nothing but. The only thing that gets me through life is praying. Seems like my prayers are usually answered.Sometimes it takes longer than I want.A challenge I guess you would say.

You'll get through this.Sounds like you have good doctors that know what will work.Whatever treatments you have I wish you the very best.Thoughts and Prayers!!!!!

Lynn Smith
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

I think

I am so
    sorry Nancy that I seemed to have missed this post. I don't come on a lot and when I do, I always seem to miss very important posts like this one.

I am so very sorry Nancy about this news, so very sorry. I will be praying for you Nancy as always.

Sue :(