I quit smoking WHOOT WHOOT

Options
2»

Comments

• Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options

How'd you do it?
    Such great news, Dawne. How'd you do it? I continue to hear of more and more people who quit and I continue to lose patience with my husband, who claims he can't.

Grrrrrrr.

On with the new boobs! Congratulations.

Suzanne

Chantix. & LOTS of prayers
    Suzanne, we are both taking Chantix & saying lots of prayers. Please don't loose patience with your husband. Smoking is a terrible addiction just like alcoholism or cocaine use. It's very hard to quit & to a smoker that cigarette is their " best friend". It sounds crazy but think about it for a second... A smoker always has her/ his cigarettes whether they are happy or sad, having a good day or a bad day. The cigarette is always there. It is quite scarey for a smoker to envision their life without their " best friend" even though most smokers want to quit.

The Chantix honestly does work, but I believe the person taking it has to have a true desire to want to stop smoking because there will still be cravings for the almighty powerful cigarette & if that person does not have the desire to truly quit he/she will give in to that craving. I will pray that your husband will have the desire to quit & the stubbornness to not give in to the cravings. I will also pray for your continued patience with him ;)

Hugs,

Dawne
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Good Job!
    You and your mother will both feel much better. I was a long time smoker and quit 10 years ago. It gets easier as time passes. Keep up the good work!

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options

Dawne,
    Had to chime in and root on one of my favorite Texas girls. Two weeks is a great start and you plastic surgeon will be happy to hear that as skin tissue heals so much quicker in non-smoking individuals.

Congratulations buddy... ♥
    Lorrie

Thank you all
    Thank you all for the congratulations & encouragement. I'm doing good with this & I'm thankful to God for carrying me through it. I'm also very thankful that he blessed me with a stubborn streak like a mule"s so I won't give in to my cravings. I really haven't had many but for some reason all day today I've had terrible cravings. I refuse to give in!!

Hugs,

Dawne
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Way to go!! Now spend that
    Way to go!! Now spend that money you spent on cigarettes on pampering yourself. Get a massage or a manicure, you deserve it.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Congratulations!
    That is fantastic news, no more smoking is a great step! Now on to the new boobs, happy for you! I know once my surgeries were all over I was so pleased and I'm sure you will be too!

Hugs,

RE

Congrats on quitting smoking
    Congrats on quitting smoking and good luck with your surgery!

Hugs, Diane
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

GIRL I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
    GIRL I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! (and yes I meant to yell that.)

Happy hugs for you and your Mom,

Linda

Congrats Dawne! I know that
    Congrats Dawne! I know that quitting is hard to do!

Hugs to you,

Kylez
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Dawne,
    Congratulations to you and your Mom too! Keep it up.

xoxo,
    Jean

Hooray you quit and so did
    Hooray you quit and so did your Mom! Congrats!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT
    Dear Dawne,

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your mother on quitting the cigarette. It is one of the major accomplishments in your life. I am proud of you!!!

Make sure you continue to drink a lot of water. It will flush the nicotine out of your system.

As time passes, you will become happier and happier that you quit.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

Dawne
    I am so proud of you as I am sure every other pinkie is! This is amazing that you quit! And for your Mom to quit too just makes it all that much better!

I applaud you for this!

Sue :)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

whoot whoot back at you!!!!

whoot whoot back at you!!!!

Reason to celebrate! Congrats!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    cejota said:

woo-hoo!!!!!
    I smoked for a long time....I've quit twice. The last time was forever! i know I'm only a puff away from a pack a day! I can't believe how much time away from daily life my smoking took away from me.....like when was my next cig, where can I smoke? Too much! I'm probably 10 years out and very thankful. , You can do it! Know that it is one lifesaving thing you can do for yourself. You will soon reap the benefits! I know you can do it....because you decided when!
    Best to you!
    cj

Huge accomplishment Dawne!
    Huge accomplishment Dawne! I knew you could do it!

Hugs, Jan
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    missrenee said:

This is so fantastic!
    I quit smoking 22 years ago--and I have to tell you--the best thing ever. And, it's so nice NOT to have every cold morph into bronchitis at least once a year!

Good job to you and your mom. It's not an easy thing to do, but you did it and we're so proud of you.

Hugs, Renee

This is the best news for
    This is the best news for you! So happy you quit!

Hugs, Angie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Congratulations!
    That is fantastic news, no more smoking is a great step! Now on to the new boobs, happy for you! I know once my surgeries were all over I was so pleased and I'm sure you will be too!

Hugs,

RE

Quit smoking and new boobs!
    Quit smoking and new boobs! You did it and you've got it all Dawne! Congrats!
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    congrats
    Remember it is a one day at a time process. I will pray for the ability to remain non smoking when you go through a stressful situation.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    roseann4 said:

So proud of you!
    May you have continued success!

Roseann

Congrats for quitting
    Congrats for quitting smoking!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    How Are You Doing Today?
    Hi Dawne,

If you get a craving, take long, big breaths of fresh air into your lungs. This breathing will help you stay on track.

Take one day at a time.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

Congrats what an
    Congrats what an accomplishment!!!!!!

Quitting is very difficult
    Quitting is very difficult as many of us know, so, huge congratulations to you Dawne and to your Mom! Also wishing you the best with your surgery.