LongTermSurvivor ~ On The Road Again....Homeward Bound

Options
Skiffin16
Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
And all of that other shitsnizzle.......

Basically Pat has a wake-up, his last rad session and then his butt is on the road again, and homeward bound....

Hoping the morning flies by, and the trip home greets you with a huge puddin face....

I know your butt isn't getting any sleep tonight, but wanted to give you a shout out.

Best,
John

Comments

• longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    you are right as usual
    Already been to sleep, for about an hour. Sigh. Steroids and me have lots of energy. For lack of a better preoccupation, I was sitting here calculating hours under the mask. 69 sessions, at 20 minutes per session. That's over 20 hours of life, let alone travel time, to accomplish. Add to that the HBO sessions....

Heck, its still a bargain.

Jokes aside for a moment, I've wondered at the fact this long distance treatment has seemed to make me a little unique. Heck, not all of America lives within close proximity to a major treatment center. Where are all those other people who, like me, had to relocate to get treated?

Just wondering. Thanks for the shout-out. I've been stuck here since about October 1. It will be very nice to go home.

Pat
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

you are right as usual
    Already been to sleep, for about an hour. Sigh. Steroids and me have lots of energy. For lack of a better preoccupation, I was sitting here calculating hours under the mask. 69 sessions, at 20 minutes per session. That's over 20 hours of life, let alone travel time, to accomplish. Add to that the HBO sessions....

Jokes aside for a moment, I've wondered at the fact this long distance treatment has seemed to make me a little unique. Heck, not all of America lives within close proximity to a major treatment center. Where are all those other people who, like me, had to relocate to get treated?

Just wondering. Thanks for the shout-out. I've been stuck here since about October 1. It will be very nice to go home.

Pat

Dang That Sucks...
    Just teasing...

I'm lucky, my treatment center is/was like 10 miles from my house.... But then again, I live in a relatively small town.

Get some sleep warrior....

I'm off to lala land myself.

JG
  • longtermsurvivor
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Dang That Sucks...
    Just teasing...

I'm lucky, my treatment center is/was like 10 miles from my house.... But then again, I live in a relatively small town.

Get some sleep warrior....

I'm off to lala land myself.

JG

something about John-boy
    but I'm sure you've heard that before:)
  • Crazymom
    Crazymom Member Posts: 339 Member
    Options

you are right as usual

Pat

Homewoard bound
    Glad you are going home! Ann
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Crazymom said:

Homewoard bound
    Glad you are going home! Ann

Stuck here?????
    I'm glad he's going home too! (kidding you Big Fella). Enjoyed our BS sessions. Have a safe trip home and get that boat fired up!

See ya in a couple of months.

Greg
  • IAmStrong
    IAmStrong Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Stuck here?????
    I'm glad he's going home too! (kidding you Big Fella). Enjoyed our BS sessions. Have a safe trip home and get that boat fired up!

Greg

Homeward Bound!
    I had to travel 50 miles each way for treatment. I was under the mask 45 min a time for 7 1/2 weeks. I have worked for a nursing agency for many years, thus I traveled around my state and those close by doing health clinics. I get what you are talking about. You've accomplished an amazing thing most of us haven't had to face.

Happy for You!

(I want to go fishing too!....:)
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    IAmStrong said:

Homeward Bound!
    I had to travel 50 miles each way for treatment. I was under the mask 45 min a time for 7 1/2 weeks. I have worked for a nursing agency for many years, thus I traveled around my state and those close by doing health clinics. I get what you are talking about. You've accomplished an amazing thing most of us haven't had to face.

Happy for You!

(I want to go fishing too!....:)

Happy Trails Pat
    I hear it's getting close to planting time in your neck of the woods, snow storm here in Chicago tonight. Wishing you fast and healthful healing. Love those 'wake-ups'.
  • nwasen
    nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ratface said:

Happy Trails Pat
    I hear it's getting close to planting time in your neck of the woods, snow storm here in Chicago tonight. Wishing you fast and healthful healing. Love those 'wake-ups'.

Homeward Bound
    My treatments were done about 80 miles from my home. With 7 weeks of treatment I got super lucky and a good friend of mine took me into her home to live with she and her husband. I had my own bedroom and bathroom where I could puke in private....lol
    I missed my home and pets but am grateful to not have to drive the 160 miles round trip 5 days a week. I think it helped me that I could just concentrate on getting well.
    The day I came home was glorious but kind of scary....I look back on it now and it seems hard to believe it even all happened.
    Happy Healing and take care
  • CaKat
    CaKat Member Posts: 28
    Options

you are right as usual

Pat

Way to go!
    You have been so informative for so many of us...your advice has seen us through some difficult challenges. NOW, you get to finish your challenge and recuperate in comfortable/familiar surroundings. Best of luck...way to go!
  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Stuck here?????

Greg

fish
    Greg, I wanna catch a fish like that....wtg.
  • longtermsurvivor
    Options
    CaKat said:

Way to go!
    You have been so informative for so many of us...your advice has seen us through some difficult challenges. NOW, you get to finish your challenge and recuperate in comfortable/familiar surroundings. Best of luck...way to go!

Made it home
    still can't sleep, but at least I can't sleep in my own bed!
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options

Made it home
    still can't sleep, but at least I can't sleep in my own bed!

Seriously
    Suffering at home is much preferred! We were transplanted in Rochester, MN this time last year at 20 below for three months. Felt like we were deployed at war. Hmmmm...guess we were!
    So glad you're home...let the healing continue!
  • longtermsurvivor
    Options

Seriously
    Suffering at home is much preferred! We were transplanted in Rochester, MN this time last year at 20 below for three months. Felt like we were deployed at war. Hmmmm...guess we were!
    So glad you're home...let the healing continue!

Doffing hat to you...
    You two are the road warriors! Glad to hear things are going so well.
  • Sue22
    Sue22 Member Posts: 99
    Options

Doffing hat to you...
    You two are the road warriors! Glad to hear things are going so well.

New
    Glad you are home!!! Welcome there :)