Not totally OT - Any tatters out there?

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
I usually forget to get busy making tatted book marks to take to the Retreats I go to. We decorate mail bags and hang them so anyone can secretly give little 'things' or special notes to each other. Well I always have a few to take but I really want to have enough for everyone this spring and I do have enough time and patterns. BUT what I really want to do is make pink ribbon ones. That's where the question comes in - does anyone have a pattern/directions for? I can come up with one but the time getting it down could be better used on getting the number I need done (about 42) if someone has te info..

So - I would be so apreciative if any of you can help. I know there aren't many tatteers oout there but if I have to ask.

Susan

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Tatting...
    It's become a lost art......so keep doing it! Anyway...how about this? I have no clue about what it involves but...would it be possible to just "tatt" a long ( depending on how big you need these to be) piece and the width you'd want and then simply "cross" them to make the ribbon? perhaps just put a little stitch to hold the crossed pieces together? Then you could either stitch or hot glue a pink ribbon to the top to attach it to whatever....

Does this make sense? lol. It's perfectly clear in my mind as I visualize it...
    Big hugs, Nancy
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    MAJW said:

Tatting...
    It's become a lost art......so keep doing it! Anyway...how about this? I have no clue about what it involves but...would it be possible to just "tatt" a long ( depending on how big you need these to be) piece and the width you'd want and then simply "cross" them to make the ribbon? perhaps just put a little stitch to hold the crossed pieces together? Then you could either stitch or hot glue a pink ribbon to the top to attach it to whatever....

Does this make sense? lol. It's perfectly clear in my mind as I visualize it...
    Big hugs, Nancy

Great idea
    Your idea is great - a lot 'simplier' than what I had been envisioning. 'Straight line' tatting is simple and using heavier crochet thread will leave bigger circles (also the bigger the thread the quicker it goes) so could then 'weave' narrow pink ribbon through them and tack where it crosses - tatted pink ribbon with a pink ribbon in it

I really can't remember not knowing how to tat. Mom's mother used it to start teaching me about counting when very young. To me, it's so easy to do without a lot of thought. I have tried so many times to learn to knit but doesn't work for me - can crochet.

Thjanks - problem solved.

Susan