Options
2»

Comments

• Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Options
    SIck
    Hi All,

I lurk every once in awhile....it's hard to come here.....see the new faces....i wish there were no new faces...Linda, I am so sorry to hear your news. CA-125 is not a great indicator I don't think....terribly sorry about the CT scan...but what does progression mean? 1mm can be a progression......i also know that it doesn't matter...progression is a scary word....i know that..and I know i have no good words....i just want to say you're loved and cared about, and I will say many prayers for you.....
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Linda,
    this is a BUMMER! I'm so sorry.

I'm glad you are re-taking the CA125. Only a few times (in the last 5 years) have I heard of someone having a low CA but the scan showing progression, but I know it is possible. Or, like you say, it could be someone else's blood work?

I am curious what the scan is actually showing. Are there new tumors?

Praying for peace to envelope you and melt way all the fear and disappointment. I have been there, and it is hard, but there is always a peaceful sweet spot when I take the time to find it.

Warm hugs,
    kathleen

PS I did topo, but I think it was every 21 days or so. Every week sounds like a good plan. I didn't have much in the way of side-effects. Probably the easiest chemo so far.
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options
    kayandok said:

Linda,
    this is a BUMMER! I'm so sorry.

I'm glad you are re-taking the CA125. Only a few times (in the last 5 years) have I heard of someone having a low CA but the scan showing progression, but I know it is possible. Or, like you say, it could be someone else's blood work?

I am curious what the scan is actually showing. Are there new tumors?

Praying for peace to envelope you and melt way all the fear and disappointment. I have been there, and it is hard, but there is always a peaceful sweet spot when I take the time to find it.

Warm hugs,
    kathleen

PS I did topo, but I think it was every 21 days or so. Every week sounds like a good plan. I didn't have much in the way of side-effects. Probably the easiest chemo so far.

Just a thought about "progression"
    Linda: it might be a good idea to read the radiologist's report on your scan. Do you have new lesions or did the lesions enlarge? I read on another discussion board that someone was told that their tumor had progressed. However, after the tumor was removed surgically, the tumor was necrotic (dead).

Your blood test says there is no tumor activity. Maybe your lesions are still hanging around but they are dead. Maybe just wishful thinking...sigh.
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Options
    Lisa13Q said:

SIck
    Hi All,

I lurk every once in awhile....it's hard to come here.....see the new faces....i wish there were no new faces...Linda, I am so sorry to hear your news. CA-125 is not a great indicator I don't think....terribly sorry about the CT scan...but what does progression mean? 1mm can be a progression......i also know that it doesn't matter...progression is a scary word....i know that..and I know i have no good words....i just want to say you're loved and cared about, and I will say many prayers for you.....

Lisa
    Lisa it is so good to hear from you. I was able to get myself together when they called me about the results and I asked the question about progression. It has grown 1cm. That is pretty much. I wished it could have been 1mm. Thank you for your kinds words. Hope you are doing well.

I go on Tuesday to start up the next chemo and I will have a lot of questions..ie., do I have any more spots, have the others grown, etc. I will post and let everyone know.

(((hugs))))
    Linda
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Options

Just a thought about "progression"
    Linda: it might be a good idea to read the radiologist's report on your scan. Do you have new lesions or did the lesions enlarge? I read on another discussion board that someone was told that their tumor had progressed. However, after the tumor was removed surgically, the tumor was necrotic (dead).

Your blood test says there is no tumor activity. Maybe your lesions are still hanging around but they are dead. Maybe just wishful thinking...sigh.

Thank you
    Thank you so much for the info. I will definitely ask. We always have to have hope. I love all of you and thank you for your input.

((((hugs))))
    Linda
  • AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    it gets to us all
    It is so hard to stay positive when fighting the fight so I understand I am so so sorry the cancer is back I will be praying for you and will add you to my church prayer list. Try to relax and find so peace as you go through this lean on all your teal sisters we want to help.

Much love and prays going your way and a big hug

Anne