Pink lady hit squad?

Options
jne66
jne66 Member Posts: 26
Nothing you all can really help me with. I just need to share with those who can understand. I've returned to work part time only because I'm still doing radiation. The girl who's been covering my job while I've been off has been making little comments here and there. Comments about knowing others with bc who thought they could work and boy were they wrong etc. At first I thought I was being over sensitive and she was just being tactless. I finally mentioned it to my mom and she said she's undermining your confidence. Which is true but I was uncertain if was in purpose. Spoke with a work friend who said the girl was gunning for my position. I'm already tired from everything I've been thru in the last 6 months. I'm insecure because I've been off so long, the 20 pound weight gain, scars from surgery , burns from radiation, the radical hair-which is coming back grey. Even the eyebrows are grey. Everyone else is fine. I just don't want deal with such inane pettiness after going thru all I've been thru lately. I keep praying for God to helpe retain the peace I had found but it's very hard. I know you all can't help me(unless there is a pink lady hit squad). But just wanted bent to those who understand. Jne

Comments

• bluwillo
    bluwillo Member Posts: 113
    Options
    A legal issue
    What your replacement-job-stalker (stalker cos she's gunnin' for your job) is doing is creating a "hostile workplace environment". Simply tell your supervisors, using those word. It should cease promptly.

Oh, and as for a pink lady hit squad? I'm all in for that! Got me a pink Red Rider BB gun...

Good luck to you!
  • tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Been there done that
    I would go to her first and tell her to stop talking about you or you WILL go over her head to management. This will strengthen your position if you have to take that step, or it might actually work!!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    tufi000 said:

Been there done that
    I would go to her first and tell her to stop talking about you or you WILL go over her head to management. This will strengthen your position if you have to take that step, or it might actually work!!

Yeah--don't put up with that stuff
    Look at all you've been through and are seeing the other side. You're one tough cookie--you've fought against one of the toughest enemies there is. People who are passive-aggressive and say mean things in a sort of "nice, caring" way are the worst. Don't let her get away with it. The girls suggestions are spot-on.

You've come too far to let this insecure twit bother you now. You go girl! By the way, I've got black boxing gloves and I can put them on at a moment's notice!

Hugs, Renee
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Yeah--don't put up with that stuff
    Look at all you've been through and are seeing the other side. You're one tough cookie--you've fought against one of the toughest enemies there is. People who are passive-aggressive and say mean things in a sort of "nice, caring" way are the worst. Don't let her get away with it. The girls suggestions are spot-on.

You've come too far to let this insecure twit bother you now. You go girl! By the way, I've got black boxing gloves and I can put them on at a moment's notice!

Hugs, Renee

I think bluwillo is right. I
    I think bluwillo is right. I would not to talk to her directly as she is sneaky and would twist it in her favor. When I went back to work the majority were great, but there were a few significant, small people who were to but it nicely, not nice. Although I was better, was just struggling to get through the day, and didnt have the energy to deal with the BS. although you feel you should be able to just be left alone, you need to assume a persona of strength, so the shark does not smell blood and go in for the attack. I felt hurt, but now that I look back, its just some people are not good human beings. or have their own lessons to learn. Keep the faith and I'll be happy to join the pink squad, not sure what my weapon of choice would be? Oh have you seen the movie "the help" ? or read the book? Haha
    Big poop pie!
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    A Pink Lady hit Squad would
    A Pink Lady hit Squad would be ow some, for all you ladies that have problems with coworkers when you go back into the work force,i am blessed as i am retired.I agree you should go to your supervisor and let her know whats going on.

Hugs Frankie
  • SlowRollin
    SlowRollin Member Posts: 75
    Options

A Pink Lady hit Squad would
    A Pink Lady hit Squad would be ow some, for all you ladies that have problems with coworkers when you go back into the work force,i am blessed as i am retired.I agree you should go to your supervisor and let her know whats going on.

Hugs Frankie

Know your rights
    Big high five for having the strength and courage to go back to work, even if it is part time it is a big step and you have every right to work like everyone else. Pull your Code of Conduct manual from HR and cover the areas of harassment and workplace intimidation; neither of which are tolerated. Normally, you are required to confront the individual and explain that their behavior/actions are offensive to you. Then, if repeated, you file a complaint with your supervisor/HR. Also, retaliation is as severe.

I agree with the others, you have a right to work in a non-hostile environment. And yes, you probably will be more tired than before. So what? You're still twice the worker that bone head will ever be. Let her walk a mile in your shoes...the PL Hit Squad has potential.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Sounds like she is the
    Sounds like she is the insecure one. I don't think she has any idea how going through all of this makes us realize the strength that we do possess, and that it is going to take more than a temp to ruffle our feathers! I would just continue to do the job you have always done. Apparently, your company realizes how valuable you are or they would have replaced your position and found you another one when you came back.

Hold your head high and don't let this twit get to you. She has no idea the support you have behind you and the strength we carry in numbers!

Carol