Queensland NOT CR (question for our Aussie's)

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
A couple of my friends (they visit and buy and ship back many things once a year from here)live in the Queensland area, and I actually haven't been able to get a hold of them today.
So, how is the flooding there? Do any of our Australian friends from CSN live in that area? And if so how are you doing with the flooding? Is everything okay?
Winter Marie

Comments

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    sorry cannot help, not seen tv for a few weeks
    I am on a media fast, I hope your friends are ok , Ron will say something.
    Hugs,
    Pete
  • abackhou
    abackhou Member Posts: 77 Member
    News from Australia - Flooding North NSW Australia
    The flooding is in northern new south wales of Australia, not Queensland. !0,000 people cut off from their homes but the water is now starting to recede. My name is Andrew (Aged 56) I live in Perth Western Australia, Stage 4 CRC since April 09. Had surgery surgery in may 09 followed by chemo and targeted therapy.
    Tumors to liver and lungs are growing, doubled in size these past 4 months, currently on Erbutix only. Enjoying every day at this stage but my future does not look good.

Andrew
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Hi Marie
    Apart from the odd severe storm most of the floodwaters have headed south out of Queensland and in to New south wales. The only town that was still evacuated as of last week was St George . The flood had subsided but the sewage treatment plant was out of comission.Hope your friends are ok. Ron.
  • herdizziness
    ron50 said:

Hi Marie
    Apart from the odd severe storm most of the floodwaters have headed south out of Queensland and in to New south wales. The only town that was still evacuated as of last week was St George . The flood had subsided but the sewage treatment plant was out of comission.Hope your friends are ok. Ron.

Ron
    Thanks Ron, they left a message on my phone, all's good. I hate seeing that kind of flooding going on, hope they get the sewage system fixed soon!!
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    abackhou said:

News from Australia - Flooding North NSW Australia
    The flooding is in northern new south wales of Australia, not Queensland. !0,000 people cut off from their homes but the water is now starting to recede. My name is Andrew (Aged 56) I live in Perth Western Australia, Stage 4 CRC since April 09. Had surgery surgery in may 09 followed by chemo and targeted therapy.
    Tumors to liver and lungs are growing, doubled in size these past 4 months, currently on Erbutix only. Enjoying every day at this stage but my future does not look good.

Andrew

Thank Andrew
    Hoping the Erbutix shrinks those tumors. Will be thinking about you and wishing for stable for you t least!!
    Winter Marie