From "Winnie the Pooh" -not OT

Options
missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
"You are smarter than you think, stronger than you seem and braver than you believe."

You rowdy pinks on that bus really helped me through it. My appointment with the onc. yesterday to start the new treatments went very well. First, I had the Faslodex injections (one in each butt cheek). Maybe it was because they warmed them first, or maybe it was because I have ample padding on this booty, or maybe it was a few slugs from that pitcher of cocktails that tasted so good(!), but honestly--hardly felt them at all. I could have kissed that nurse.

Then I had the Zometa infusion. Since my port is gone, they had to start an IV in my good arm in this puny little vein that now has to do all the work. They used a tiny butterfly, the IV took about 30 minutes and we were done.

Walking out with my darling husband, I said--the only thing that sucks is the last time we were able to say, "okay, one down, five to go." We can't say that anymore, but if this treatment works--I'll do it forever, praise God.

Oh, and Nancy--I took all those Tums that you recommended. I'm up this morning and feel just fine.

Have a wonderful weekend all.

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Glad it went well
    and glad you got that good Tums advice. Somebody remind me if I ever need it please.

Enjoy your day!!!!!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Glad it went well
    and glad you got that good Tums advice. Somebody remind me if I ever need it please.

Enjoy your day!!!!!

YEAH!
    YEAH Renee! I am sooooooo glad everything went so well and that you're feeling good today.......keep on truck'en!

Hugs, Nancy
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hey Renee,
    Glad it went well for you yesterday. Thanks for the update. Hopefully, the rest will be that easy. Now take it easy this weekend!

xoxo,
    Jean
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    glad it went well!
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Jennifer
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Hi Renee
    Glad you did so well. That was what I was hoping for. The IV alone would have had me a nervous wreck. Are you getting a port, or will you keep with the iv's? Keep us posted and I sure hope that it continues like this.

Prayers,
    Carol
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Bless those good
    Bless those good nurses...I'm happy to hear you're doing so well right now. And now you know what to expect next time too.

Hugs,

Linda
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Bless those good
    Bless those good nurses...I'm happy to hear you're doing so well right now. And now you know what to expect next time too.

Hugs,

Linda

glad it went well. remember
    glad it went well. remember that zometa can make you feel flu like at first, but then with each time you receive it, it gets better. did the tums help?
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I am wishing you many more morning you will feel fine (:

So glad to read that your first treatment went well and
    you my dear sound wonderful. Keep shining!!

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    aysemari said:

I am wishing you many more morning you will feel fine (:

So glad to read that your first treatment went well and
    you my dear sound wonderful. Keep shining!!

Hugs,
    Ayse

I'm sorry I missed this post
    I'm sorry I missed this post Renee. Very good to read that everything went as well as it did.

Hugs to you,

Megan