Options
2»

Comments

• JimboC
    JimboC Member Posts: 264
    Options
    topaz1947 said:

duke
    I also went to Duke for all of my treatments. I would not change any of my drs. They are great. I am now 1 year out from dx. Surgery was in March. So far every thing looks good. So sorry to hear about your dad. This cancer is so crazy. You do not know who will beat it and who won't. Who were your dads drs?

You are spot on. I sought
    You are spot on. I sought out the best of care and have no regrets about my treatment at all. I even had my surgery by Dr. Luketich who is regarded as one of the best. Even with all of that, I still was unable to beat it in the end. It all boils down to the skill of your treatment team, a good bit of luck and the hand of God. Glad to hear that you're doing so good!
  • JimboC
    JimboC Member Posts: 264
    Options
    Your Posts Lift Me Up
    I wanted to say that once again, I am lifted up by the love and support I feel in everyone's posts. I can't say thank you enough. I really feel I had the best in treatment and without a doubt, the best in support from everyone here.

All my best!
  • ham6789
    ham6789 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    JimboC said:

Hey Kim, There were actually
    Hey Kim, There were actually about 4 places that were in on the study. Unfortunately, nothing was much closer. I didn't drive but the ride to Duke about wore me out. I figure that if I'm going to travel that much at this stage in the game, I'd rather do it for pleasure. ;) The study was with the FOLFIRI Chemo and the addition of a PARP inhibitor.

The folks at Duke were incredible. I plan on keeping the oncologist involved in my treatment planning. It's good to have that second set of eyes involved. My oncologist here in town was actually the one who suggested I go to Duke so he is very supportive of the extra opinion.

I thank you so much Kim. It still touches (and amazes) me so much that so many people care so much. I also know it's genuine because I am the same way. I feel so good on our successes and morn our losses. Even though I will never meet most of the folks on here, I don't think I could feel closer even if I lived next door to them. I was so sad when I was asking about an esophageal cancer support group locally only to find that there was none. When I found this group it was like the answer to a prayer.

stay tuff
    Jim, I have been monitoring your progress on this site. I know that things will continue to go good for you. You are in my prayers. You were there for me at presbe, I'll never forget your words of encouragement at family house...hang tuff