Happy second birthday

Options
kikz
kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
On Sunday I celebrated my second birthday since my dianosis. I invited 20 of my closest family and friends to a ladies' luncheon. This included my ninety-five and eighty-five year old aunts. On the invitaton I stated "no gifts please, just your presence." I received many cards, plants and balloons. I know some people feel weird not bringing a gift. I already had my house decorated for Valentine's Day so I went with that theme. I go with pink and at one point my son said, "This looks like a Susan B. Komen meeting." I said I like pink! It's funny he hadn't noticed the decor before this since I had decorated in mid January.

My cousin, her daughter and my good friend came to help me prepare the food. I was a little ambitious with the menu and was freaking out by the time they arrived to help me. I even joked to my mom to put a quarantine sign outside so people would go away. But we got it all done and everyone enjoyed it.

It was my 64th and I ordered a pin to wear that said "One hot tomato (actually a picture of a tomato) @ 64." I also ordered personalized M&Ms in pink, red and white. I got to pick four different things so one had my picture, one said Happy Birthday, one said Kik's 64th (my knickname) and then one said I luv you guys. They were so cute and kind of expensive but I want to make each birthday special. When my son saw the candies he said, "Mom you've told me at times that I am self-indulgent but this is the most self-indulgent thing I have ever seen. I said it's for fun. Everyone got a real kick out of them. Later as my son ate one with my picture on it he said, "I can honestly say I bit your head off." I said it's not the first time. As you can tell, my son is a real joker.

I had such a great day and look forward to many more. I plan to be as self-indulgent as I can and may start planning my next birthday now so it can be even more fantastic.

Karen

Comments

• zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Good for you, Karen! Keep
    Good for you, Karen! Keep going! I hope to read a lot of new ideas of celebration for your future birthdays, and hope there are many, many, many. I do not think that was self-indulgent, I think that was well deserved for a wonderful lady. Happy second birthday!
    Zina&Fred
  • karen1951
    karen1951 Member Posts: 103
    Options
    karen...happy
    karen...happy birthday.....what a wonderful celebration....may you have many more!!! best wishes....karen
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    karen1951 said:

karen...happy
    karen...happy birthday.....what a wonderful celebration....may you have many more!!! best wishes....karen

I love it!
    Karen, I'm so glad you had such a fantastic birthday bash! As a fellow cancer survivor, I know how important each birthday is. May you have many, many more surrounded by the people you love!

Kelly
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

I love it!
    Karen, I'm so glad you had such a fantastic birthday bash! As a fellow cancer survivor, I know how important each birthday is. May you have many, many more surrounded by the people you love!

Kelly

Happy second birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    splurge all you want,,,you deserve it.........val
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    Options

Happy second birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    splurge all you want,,,you deserve it.........val

Karen Happy Birthday. I love
    Karen Happy Birthday. I love reading about your party it sounded fun and just what tou needed. I can't believe it's been two years. This feb 28th will be one year since my dx, time really does fly. But it's funny how we look at it differently now with more openness. Keep up the good spirits teal sister.
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    jbeans888 said:

Karen Happy Birthday. I love
    Karen Happy Birthday. I love reading about your party it sounded fun and just what tou needed. I can't believe it's been two years. This feb 28th will be one year since my dx, time really does fly. But it's funny how we look at it differently now with more openness. Keep up the good spirits teal sister.

Happy Birthday, you sweet
    Happy Birthday, you sweet thing!
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Options
    Happy 2nd
    Karen I think this is so neat. What a celebration and you did it up right. I would have loved to have been there.

Happy 2nd birthday and praying for many many more.

((((birthday hug)))))
    Linda
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday !
    It sounds like it was a great party. I hope you have many more and each one should be more self-indulgent than the one before.
    Colleen