resist your caring and fighting spirit?

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

You are just our little
    You are just our little "hero!" You don't give up and yes, just as you said, you will LIVE LIFE! I am soooo thrilled you met this guy! He sounds amazing. What a wonderful blessing.

Hang in there, you'll get stronger. And as for your roomate, well, better to surround yourself with positive people and not "Debbie Downers" or Bitter Betty's".

Sending hugs and TONS of prayers to you sweetie!

Blessings,

Sylvia

I agree with Sylvia..you are
    I agree with Sylvia..you are our hero Kat! I've never known anyone with so much fight, courage and spirit as you have!

So sorry about your roommate. I'd like to kick her to the curb!

You take care and keep us updated!

Hugs, Noel
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    KAT!!!!!!
    Hi sweet sister Kat! Always feels great to see your posts here. We were all wondering how your surgery went and about your dad’s recovery. Of course, we’re happy to know you’re trying your best and that your dad is recovering. I am sorry things have been challenging and slow for you. I honestly don’t know how you can try to do it all! I have some thoughts to share - I think you need a break to concentrate on your health. I have no doubts you can do it all, because you have been doing it all. But at some point the body will need extra rest because it has been through so much. I know it helps you mentally to live a normal life, and I am all for it. But your recovery and physical strength comes first. Please, if you can, try to give yourself a break. You can still go out, hang out with friends, go for walks, exercise, etc..but if I were you, I would take some time off to myself. Of course you do what’s best for you and I am sure you have put things into perspective. But remember to be good to your body when it needs the help. School, jobs and friends will always be there.

About your roommate, I agree with some of our sisters. This is a huge thing – although we have been through it already, and are now familiar with it, and perhaps we don’t see it that way anymore…but the truth is, it is. Not everyone is prepared to deal with this, especially someone who is not your family. It can be disappointing to see a “friend’s reaction” like the one you had. Of course it would bother me too. But unfortunately, it doesn’t always turn out the way we wish it would. And this is the kind of situation that only a family could understand and have no regrets helping out (sometimes…). You keep on doing your thing! I think you have a great support system so you don’t need anyone to tell you anything that might hurt your feelings. You are above all of this. Just focus on your recovery and keep those who love you and care close to you.

Glad to know you are back!

XOXO
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    debi.18 said:

Kat
    You are such an inspiration to all of us. Your positive attitude never ceases to amaze me.
    I love the fact that you are not letting anything (or anyone) stop you from living your life and enjoying it. Your boyfriend sounds amazing and I'm so happy you found each other. I'm so sorry you had such a crappy roommate, good ridance to her!

As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of hugs, Debi

You just stay the way you
    You just stay the way you are Kat as you are perfect! You inspire all of us to be better and stronger!

Sue :)
  • Different Ballgame
    Options
    Continue to Stay Strong
    Dear Kat,

I am very happy that you continue to have strength and determination. I am in awe that you can focus on your studies. You must be "pretty smart" to handle those courses.

Your roommate may be frightened of the cancer but unable to vocalize her fear. Hence, she lashed out to you. You don't have to give her your warmth, but give her the respect that one human being gives to another solely based on the fact that you are human beings. . That is all you give her, nothing more. I am elated that you are strong and firm by not allowing her negativity to tarnish you.

As far as those people who want to help you, let them help you. (it took my sister six months to learn that lesson. She had lung cancer.)

Continue to heal and get good grades. Stay as sweet as you are! Your sweetness is the honey that draws people to you.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Kit Kat ... Thanks for the update ..
    We've been worried about you .. so happy for the update.

You are one AMAZING young Woman -- So positive, so upbeat! I continue to
    be in awe of you .. and all that you accomplish.

I so admire you for never allowing anything, or anyone to get in your way of you
    goals or dreams --

I am so sorry that you had to sit thru a 45 minute rant from such a selfish, self
    loathing roommate. How odd that your roommate made everything, all about her.

You have taken your first steps into adulthood by suggesting that you 'may' need
    a little help -- so please if you need help, ask for it. Asking for help does
    not make you weak, or less self sufficient - it just means that in this phase of
    your life, where a little help may be required. A good place to start is maybe
    with Mom. We enjoy taking care of our children when asked. Now that Dad is pulling
    12 hour shifts, Mom may enjoy the distraction.

You are a ROCK STAR, and all rock stars need assistance every now, and again.

Praying for continued healing for you, your body, mind and soul.

Strength, Courage and Hope for a CURE.

You are the most positive
    You are the most positive pink sister I've ever met Kat! Every time you post, you amaze me. You keep going girl and remember that we are here rooting you on!

Hugs to you,

Kylez
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Jobi said:

You will find your strength
    Hi, Kat,

It certainly sounds like you have your hands full. Avoid the roommate, stay positive, and allow that boyfriend of yours to pamper you because you deserve it!

I am hopeful that things will start looking up for you! You are wonderful!!!

Dorene

It's about time you posted
    It's about time you posted an update Kat! lol We were wondering how your surgery went and how you were doing. I agree with avoiding the roommate. You are so positive and upbeat that you don't need people like that in your life, no negativity!

You continue to live your life to the fullest and keep us updated when you can.

Love, Leeza
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Nana C. said:

YOU go girl!!!!
    Oh Kat, I like everyone else on this board are truly amazed by all you do while going through all that you have. Your roommate has no idea what she has lost! Having a friend like you is hard to find! You certainly don't need her drama, invented drama. I pray everyday for you as everyone does, we all love you. Please keep in touch as you can. Good luck with that new relationship!

Hugs
    Nana

You are so positive and such
    You are so positive and such an inspiration to everyone Kat! Good luck with your new friend and I am praying for you.