Phyllodes

Options
That's what my pathology report says. I refuse to get myself freaked out on google before meeting with surgeon on Monday but knew the ladies on this site would give me better info. Any Info is greatly appreciated. Questions to ask surgeon etc???

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Phyllodes breast tumor
    Well at least you know what you are dealing with now, right? I am glad that you did not wait six months before getting the tumor biopsied. Phyllodes breast tumors occur in LESS THAN 1% of the breast cancer tumors. I know there are a few ladies on the board who have previously posted with this kind of tumor. I found the following website to contain a very good explanation of Phyllodes tumors: http://breastcancer.about.com/od/types/p/phyllodes_sa.htm. This may give you a good place to start with your list of questions. Remember to write them down and bring the list with you. It is so easy to forget things in the heat of the moment.

I hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
  • knutter1
    knutter1 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Phyllodes
    I am a Phyllodes (malignant) Survivor X2. I would be glad to help any way I can as well as point you to a Phyllodes Support group online with over 200 ladies that have had Phyllodes as well.
  • stacy_harp
    stacy_harp Member Posts: 44
    Options
    knutter1 said:

Phyllodes
    I am a Phyllodes (malignant) Survivor X2. I would be glad to help any way I can as well as point you to a Phyllodes Support group online with over 200 ladies that have had Phyllodes as well.

I would appreciate any and
    I would appreciate any and all info from someone actually dealing with it because I can't bring mysel to google it. I have 2 kids (15 and 9 yr old daughters). This is really freaking me out!
  • HootieGirl
    HootieGirl Member Posts: 85
    Options
    I was diagnosed with a
    I was diagnosed with a malignant phyllodes tumor over a year and a half ago. Most oncologist have never seen one since they are so rare, but if you Private Message me, I would be happy to email you some information. I have never heard of this phyllodes tumor support group though. Hope everything goes well on Monday.

Kat
  • stacy_harp
    Options

I was diagnosed with a
    I was diagnosed with a malignant phyllodes tumor over a year and a half ago. Most oncologist have never seen one since they are so rare, but if you Private Message me, I would be happy to email you some information. I have never heard of this phyllodes tumor support group though. Hope everything goes well on Monday.

Kat

Private message
    how do I do that? LOL
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options

Private message
    how do I do that? LOL

How to send a Private Message
    To send a private message you just click on CSN Email on the left side of the page in the tan box labeled CSN. When the Private Messages page comes up you click on Write a New Message and there you go. Very simple. Hope you get the help you need.

IRENE
  • stacy_harp
    Options

How to send a Private Message
    To send a private message you just click on CSN Email on the left side of the page in the tan box labeled CSN. When the Private Messages page comes up you click on Write a New Message and there you go. Very simple. Hope you get the help you need.

IRENE

Yay!
    Thanks Irene!!!
  • AudraMMills
    AudraMMills Member Posts: 4
    Options

I was diagnosed with a

Kat

I was diagnosed with a low grade Phyllodes tumor.
    I would be very appreciative if you could email me any information on this. I saw your posts on a couple of different ones. Thanks AudraMMills@yahoo.com
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Phyllodes breast tumor
    Well at least you know what you are dealing with now, right? I am glad that you did not wait six months before getting the tumor biopsied. Phyllodes breast tumors occur in LESS THAN 1% of the breast cancer tumors. I know there are a few ladies on the board who have previously posted with this kind of tumor. I found the following website to contain a very good explanation of Phyllodes tumors: http://breastcancer.about.com/od/types/p/phyllodes_sa.htm. This may give you a good place to start with your list of questions. Remember to write them down and bring the list with you. It is so easy to forget things in the heat of the moment.

I hope this helps. Please keep us posted.

Just wanting to send you
    Just wanting to send you positive thoughts, support and prayers.

Hugs, Debby
  • pannwagner
    pannwagner Member Posts: 3
    Options
    knutter1 said:

Phyllodes

Just diagnosed
    Hello, I'm not sure how to post on these boards so i hope it's okay I just replied to your post. I was just diagnosed with malignant Phyllodes breast cancer. The biopsy came back negative but when they removed the tumor they found some cancer cells. Now I have to go back into surgery so more margin can be removed to make sure it's clean. I'm very scared and worried. I found this lump in late January and they finally got around to removing it. I guess I wasn't too concerned because the biopsy was negative but now I am because there was cancer. I can't find any survival information or anything about it. Anything you can offer in the way of reassurance is appreciated. thank you.
  • pannwagner
    pannwagner Member Posts: 3
    Options
    knutter1 said:

Phyllodes

Phyllodes
    Hello, I would appreciated any kind of encouragement and info you could offer me on malignant Phyllodes including info on the support Group. I've been a mess since diagnosis. Wondering why it wouldn't be best to have both breasts removed to eliminate chance of recurrance but my surgeon says not necessary.