Effusion of the hip......go figure

Options
Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Got that unbearable pain again only on the other side this time. I don't know if any of you remember but a few weeks back I thought (and doctors thought) I might have passed a kidney stone.
Well, when it happened again, I went to Boston instead of the South Shore. An MRI confirmed an effusion (liquid) on the hip. I'm now convinced that is what I had before.

Has anyone ever had this? I'm going to rheumatologist today and have a bone scan on Monday. The PT lady gave me a choice of crutches or a walker because my leg gave out a few times and I fell.

On a lighter note, I'm too young for a walker so I think I might bedazzle it! What do you all think. :) I can't use crutches because of my lymph node removal and with my arm strength it wouldn't be too good.

Thanks for anyone who might answer that has had this issue. My T11 in my spine has a lesion ( thus the bone scan).
Anyone want to help bedazzle because this might take a while!!

Hugs,
Wanda

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    How about
    streamers, a bicycle bell cause you'll be speedy, and let's see, maybe a pinwheel? Just daydreaming here:)

Sorry you hurt. Sorry there's more tests -- don't like lesions.

Rest up, keep us posted, and know that we care.

Big huge hug,
    Victoria
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

How about
    streamers, a bicycle bell cause you'll be speedy, and let's see, maybe a pinwheel? Just daydreaming here:)

Big huge hug,
    Victoria

Hmmm lots of sparkly things,
    Hmmm lots of sparkly things, a feather boa or two. Hoping your tests give the all clear and it is something that can be easily fixed.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    carkris said:

Hmmm lots of sparkly things,
    Hmmm lots of sparkly things, a feather boa or two. Hoping your tests give the all clear and it is something that can be easily fixed.

I LOVE both idea's Victoria and Penny!
    Thanks for making me laugh, I needed it :)
    I'm so serious though about making it look snazzy ( OMG that word dates me! )
    I bought a leopard cane too so I can be cool.

I sure will keep you posted and thanks again!
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    Those girls are right.
    Feather boas, sparkly streamers, maybe you can get it some rhinestone wheels?

I've really come to hate the word lesion.

Hope yours turns out to be nothing,

Jennifer
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options

I LOVE both idea's Victoria and Penny!
    Thanks for making me laugh, I needed it :)
    I'm so serious though about making it look snazzy ( OMG that word dates me! )
    I bought a leopard cane too so I can be cool.

I sure will keep you posted and thanks again!
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Leopard cane
    You will dazzle everyone. I hope all turns out ok.

I vote for the walker and stability. Cane sounds nice. Where did you purchase one with that design. I use a cane too. Mine is just black, not fancy at all. I do have a bottom rubber tip that if the cane falls, I can step on it and it will right itself.

Best,

Doris
  • carkris
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Those girls are right.
    Feather boas, sparkly streamers, maybe you can get it some rhinestone wheels?

I've really come to hate the word lesion.

Hope yours turns out to be nothing,

Jennifer

yes yes yes rhinestone
    yes yes yes rhinestone wheels!!!!
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Hi Wanda
    Don't like the lesion part, but you could have a blast rigging up the walker. I too had a hard time with the thought of a cane or walker, so settled on a wheelchair! Go figure, but I would have had a lot more fun with making a walker look sexy. They have those great sparkly Christmas lights that run off batteries, perfect for night time parades or parties, love the feathers, sparkles and the bell too....
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    camul said:

Hi Wanda
    Don't like the lesion part, but you could have a blast rigging up the walker. I too had a hard time with the thought of a cane or walker, so settled on a wheelchair! Go figure, but I would have had a lot more fun with making a walker look sexy. They have those great sparkly Christmas lights that run off batteries, perfect for night time parades or parties, love the feathers, sparkles and the bell too....

Thanks Ladies,
    Love all the idea's. Doris I got the cane at CVS believe it or not. Only $19.99 so I figured why not, right? The swelling (fluid) has gone down so I am not in much pain now. The Doc I saw yesterday is testing for early Rheum. Arthritis, I hope that's not it, but we take what life throws at us :)

I'll keep you posted on bone scan but probably won't get results right away.

Thanks for all the "snazzy" idea's. LOL

Love you all!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

How about

Big huge hug,
    Victoria

Wanda, I am so sorry.
    Wanda, I am so sorry. Wishing you good luck on Monday with your test. Keep us posted.

Hugs, Debby
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    I'v never had an
    I'v never had an effusion,walker is a good idea and to dazzle it up.No crutches are not a good idea i had a broken foot when i had my surgery and they wouldn't let me use them so i had to use a walker it wasn't to bad but i had to only use it for a little time.Keep us up to date on whats happening.

Hugs Frankie
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Wanda,
    Bling, bling, and more bling!!!!!! The more, the better.

Sending you positive thoughts & prayers.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options

Thanks Ladies,
    Love all the idea's. Doris I got the cane at CVS believe it or not. Only $19.99 so I figured why not, right? The swelling (fluid) has gone down so I am not in much pain now. The Doc I saw yesterday is testing for early Rheum. Arthritis, I hope that's not it, but we take what life throws at us :)

I'll keep you posted on bone scan but probably won't get results right away.

Thanks for all the "snazzy" idea's. LOL

Love you all!

Hoping For the Best!
    Thank you for letting me know where to buy that snazzy cane. Rheumatoid arthritis is no picnic. One thing life is always throwing us another challenge.

Wishing you the best,

Doris
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Wanda,
    Bling, bling, and more bling!!!!!! The more, the better.

Sending you positive thoughts & prayers.

xoxo,
    Jean

How did your bone scan
    How did your bone scan go?

Hugs, Leeza
  • carkris
    Options
    jnl said:

How did your bone scan
    How did your bone scan go?

Hugs, Leeza

curious minds are
    curious minds are wondering??????
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    carkris said:

curious minds are
    curious minds are wondering??????

Sorry ladies that I haven't
    Sorry ladies that I haven't updated you but I haven't gotten results yet. I go tomorrow for the results of blood work from the rheumatologist. That's the RA report. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Thursday is oncologist appointment in the afternoon. That's when I'll hear about the bone scan.
    Thanks for checking and I will be in touch. Usually I'm anxious for results but this time I think I'd rather just wait for them. Weird, I know, but I'm hanging onto good thoughts for as long as I can :)
    Thanks again,
    Wanda
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Sorry ladies that I haven't
    Sorry ladies that I haven't updated you but I haven't gotten results yet. I go tomorrow for the results of blood work from the rheumatologist. That's the RA report. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Thursday is oncologist appointment in the afternoon. That's when I'll hear about the bone scan.
    Thanks for checking and I will be in touch. Usually I'm anxious for results but this time I think I'd rather just wait for them. Weird, I know, but I'm hanging onto good thoughts for as long as I can :)
    Thanks again,
    Wanda

Sending lots of good luck
    Sending lots of good luck and adding my prayers too!

Hugs, Angie