My only sister - reoccurring ovarian cancer

Options
Some of you may remember me; I lost my husband to lung cancer in October. Now, my sister's ovarian cancer has returned and spread to her pelvic area and she has spots on the outside of her liver. She is my only sister and I am not ready to loose her after loosing my husband. I want to be positive for her because she is scared to death this time around. She is supposed to start chemo again this week and a liver biopsy is scheduled as well. She is a 3 yr survivor thus far and has been very positive and strong up to this point. We have discussed a bucket list and one of her wishes was to go on a cruise. We thought we were doing that this spring. Now, that is out of the question. Therefore; I asked what else she wanted to do. She replied by saying I want to sale my camper to get a bigger one. I told her I didn't have the money to do that; I couldn't help her there. If anyone is looking for a camper in the Knoxville area, she has one for $19,000. That's the only thing I know I can do for her is try to make that wish come true other than just being there for her when she needs me. She says when the weather isn't too cold she just wants to go to her camper build a fire and look at it. That's what we are going to do!

Can anyone tell me the prognosis of reoccuring ovarian cancer that has spread like this?

Thanks for listening!

Comments

• Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    OVCA recurrences
    Firstly, I'm so sorry that you lost your husband to lung cancer. Your sister's story sounds a lot like mine. I had three years of remission before my OVCA recurred. I've been on chemotherapy for the past two years and can lead a pretty normal life in between treatments. I can't speak to your sister's specific condition, but don't give up hope. We're here to help.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That sucks, but as Maria
    That sucks, but as Maria said we are here to support you as much as we can. If your sister is computer savy, please refer her here. We can help answer questions or listen to her just vent. This group is great.
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

That sucks, but as Maria
    That sucks, but as Maria said we are here to support you as much as we can. If your sister is computer savy, please refer her here. We can help answer questions or listen to her just vent. This group is great.

Don't give up hope!
    I don't have any personal experience with reoccurring cancer but many of the women on this board have and are still going strong. Sending my prayers and good thoughts to you and your sister.

Kelly