Painful Teeth

Options
Ginny_B
Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
Mom has been off chemo and rads since Jan 6th. She is complaining about her teeth hurting. Anyone have any info on painful teeth during this stage? She isn't using her mouth for much - all her foods are puree or smoothies. at 84 she has all her teeth. I will also ask the nurse today when she comes.

Comments

• BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Options
    Let us know what the nurse
    Let us know what the nurse says. Bill's dentist said that treatment can do a number on the teeth and recommended a special toothpaste and has followed him closely.

I think Bill had some painful teeth; however, there was so much pain in so many places, I can't remember exactly.

Hope she gets relief soon.
  • ifalk
    ifalk Member Posts: 29
    Options
    BMGky said:

Let us know what the nurse
    Let us know what the nurse says. Bill's dentist said that treatment can do a number on the teeth and recommended a special toothpaste and has followed him closely.

I think Bill had some painful teeth; however, there was so much pain in so many places, I can't remember exactly.

Hope she gets relief soon.

tooth pain
    Jarrell has awfull tooth pain from the treatment. Some of his teeth have broken he says. Hospice gave him this thick liquid to swish in his mouth and it works real well and last most of the day. It says you can use every 4 hours.
    Hope your mom finds some relief with the pain
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    Options
    During chemo we were told
    During chemo we were told not to use any toothpaste with any kind of extra thinks added. We bought just plain Crest and Rickie never had any problems.
    Cheryl
    Wife of Rickie dx Stage IV EC, Oct. 2010
    Mets to bones and brain
    Deceased Jan. 4, 2012