Whitney Houston dies at 48 :(

Options
survivorbc09
survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
edited February 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
I guess I wasn't surprised that this happened, but, what a loss. I think she had the most beautiful voice that I had ever heard.

She was just so troubled, took too many drugs and drank a lot.

RIP Whitney.

Jan

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    So sad...
    that we are working so hard to maintain our health and preserve our lives and someone who seemed to have it all just through it away. I guess she was I'll too. What a shame.

Roseann
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    roseann4 said:

So sad...
    that we are working so hard to maintain our health and preserve our lives and someone who seemed to have it all just through it away. I guess she was I'll too. What a shame.

Roseann

I was shocked
    I was shocked when I read this.Been reading about her deathj all day and the days before.Guess till the end and even a performance on Friday she had bring drinking and probably drugs.A beautiful lady with a beautiful voice like no other. Her last song she sang with another singer was Jesus Loves Me.

She was younger than I thought.Very sad!!!!!!She had everything going for her.Did a movie last year and it will be out soon.Wonder how she managed that!!!!!

Very very sad

Lynn Smith
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sucks!
    Yea this news sucked. And she had a beautiful voice. I like her songs from the 80's.

Last night I was looking up some of her great songs and came across one of my favorites! And it made me think of our pink sister Kari. Song is called "When You Believe". Here's the link in case you want to hear it - it's beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxIN79n4jVo. Actually, I think of all of us when I listen to this song.

Hugs
  • RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Whitney
    Agree, such a waste of talent, like so many like her a premature passing.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Whitney

Sooooo ... sad
    drugs -- like cancer, does not discriminate. Great singer gone, far too soon.

I have 3 CDs of Whitney's -- which means I will be going out to purchase all
    her others. I am such a FAN.

Prayers for strength to her Mom, and Bobbi Christina!

Vicki Sam
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Whitney

I was shocked to hear of her
    I was shocked to hear of her death. Such a shame.. It's sad that someone close to her couldn't have stepped in with an intervention or something to help her.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

I was shocked to hear of her
    I was shocked to hear of her death. Such a shame.. It's sad that someone close to her couldn't have stepped in with an intervention or something to help her.

I have read they tried
    I have read they tried several interventions. I have seen other posts (not here) blaming her etc.. while I think it is a shame, I remember when she came on the scene, thinking this fgirl has it all, beautiful, voice, beautiful, looks figure etc... it just goes to show we are all human, and not perfect.
    I have to say, its hard to hear all the time. I have been feeling more sad then usual. Chalking it up to SADD. but I just want some good news, am so tired of hearing about tragedy. But with the media as it is, i am going to have to look for it myself. Love you all pink sisters.
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Options
    Sad
    To me Whitney had a magnificent voice. I'm sorry her addictions finally got her. Even if she wasn't using at the time of her death, I'm sure past use was a cause. An addiction strikes anyone and like cancer doesn't care who you are, how much money you have, how popular, etc. I'm sorry she couldn't get it together. Just makes you wonder what her inner demons really were. I hope she has found Peace.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    carkris said:

I have read they tried
    I have read they tried several interventions. I have seen other posts (not here) blaming her etc.. while I think it is a shame, I remember when she came on the scene, thinking this fgirl has it all, beautiful, voice, beautiful, looks figure etc... it just goes to show we are all human, and not perfect.
    I have to say, its hard to hear all the time. I have been feeling more sad then usual. Chalking it up to SADD. but I just want some good news, am so tired of hearing about tragedy. But with the media as it is, i am going to have to look for it myself. Love you all pink sisters.

The media likes tragedy
    The media likes tragedy because it sells. There is good news out there too. We just have to look for it. Whitney was wonderful in The Preacher's Wife. Every time I watch it she will live again in my mind.