So much going on....& I need to ask a favor

Options
sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
I know that I have told you about my parents - Dad is in assisted living and Mom who needs to be. Both are in the end stages of COPD, which has been manageable even though they are failing.

Well, Mom has been falling - alot. We thought it was because she wasn't getting enough oxygen to her muscles. She has been in the hospital and actually was placed in the rehab wing - yay! However, she developed pneumonia and had a CAT scan. The scan showed many lesions on her spine. This is the reason she has been falling. My sister and I have also noticed that Mom has been having 'episodes of bizarre behavior'. So most likely lesions in her brain, too. We met the Onc today and he is setting up tons of test & scans to find the primary.

I asked him if we could just do radiation to alleviate some pain and perhaps improve mobility. He just smiled (like I had just asked a really stupid question) and said that the primary needed to be found first. So there we are. Mom is an hour away and Dad, two. My plan is to take Thursday off, drive 2 hours to pick up Dad, drive an hour so he can visit Mom, drive him back and then head home - all together only about 9 hours maybe, but I am dreading it. Have I mentioned that my daughter left her husband and moved back home? This has been a very tense situation for me.

So my favor is - does anyone have an old laptop they would be willing to sell? I would love to give one to Mom to view photo's, listen to music and go online with her COPD support group - I know you know how much that means! I'm asking around among friends. I really don't want to get a new one, she really has a very short time and I would be afraid something might happen to it at the hospital - they already lost her teeth (honestly!).

I know my situation will be in your thoughts and prayers as all of you, my very dear friends, are always in mine.

Sue

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Dear Sue,
    I am so sorry to read this. I know you have been concerned about your Mom for awhile. We actually both had the same concerns for our Moms. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, your Mom, and the rest of your family.

Please read Joe's answer to your request on our Facebook page. He has a computer for you!

Let me know if I can do anything for you.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Dear Sue,
    I am so sorry to read this. I know you have been concerned about your Mom for awhile. We actually both had the same concerns for our Moms. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, your Mom, and the rest of your family.

Please read Joe's answer to your request on our Facebook page. He has a computer for you!

Let me know if I can do anything for you.

xoxo,
    Jean

Thank you, Jean
    I did respond to Joe's PM on FB. Honestly, it just makes me cry, I can hardly believe it. I don't know what I would do without the friends I have made on this site.

X's & o's right back atcha!

Sue
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Thank you, Jean
    I did respond to Joe's PM on FB. Honestly, it just makes me cry, I can hardly believe it. I don't know what I would do without the friends I have made on this site.

X's & o's right back atcha!

Sue

Sue,
    If for some reason the

Sue,

If for some reason the laptop from Joe doesn't work, please let me know. My hubby repairs laptops for a living and I'm sure we have one among the many that we could get to you.

You certainly have a lot on your plate right now. I'm praying for peace and strength for you and your family.

Hugs,

Linda
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Sue,
    If for some reason the

Sue,

If for some reason the laptop from Joe doesn't work, please let me know. My hubby repairs laptops for a living and I'm sure we have one among the many that we could get to you.

You certainly have a lot on your plate right now. I'm praying for peace and strength for you and your family.

Hugs,

Linda

Sue I keep your family close to my heart
    Sue,
    I am very sorry about your parents. Sending positive thought and prayers to you and your family.
    Hugs
    New Flower