I am new to Cancer and have some questions !

Options
2»

Comments

• Malinda1
    Malinda1 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    ajdebbs said:

Hi There!
    I'm very new to this forum......but i love it. I would definitely recommend coming back here often because although this is my first time writing in.....i've done a lot of reading and it's helped more than anything!

In response to your post......much love to you girl. It's not fun but you can get thru it. I'm with Double Whammy as in i had the same cocktail as the two of you. TCH...TC every 3 weeks and the H will be every week for a year. Also had the Neulasta after every chemo.

Althought i agree...everyones side effects are different....but mine were much like DW's again. The consistent side effects were constipation for a few days after chemo and then diarrhea for about a week after that. The constipation i used 3 stool softeners the day before and day of chemo...depending.....which really helped alot. its a pain to have to track that but the constipation was awful without them.

i got sick one time (2nd treatment) where i threw up and had diarrhea for a few days but never had a high temp. i got thru it and it didn't happen again. also 2nd treatment i got the sores but only on my waist...it just itched a little...broke the skin and then eventually went away on their own. i didn't have to use medication or anything. I did get a little on my neck/chest but it wasn't bad. 3rd treatment was the best...no sores and no throwing up. only thing was the constipation and diarrhea....and of course a little more tired then the last couple times. 4th treatment and on.....same consistent side effects but more intense. my toes are numb and got a little worse as the treatments went on....as well as my nails...just hurting under the nail. they also turned red. and wow....really tired.

my last treatment (6th) is tomorrow morning. i'm anticipating being extremely exhausted and everything even more intensified but i know i can make it thru it.

if i can offer any advice or support it's to say that as much as you think you can't do it.....believe that you can. you have to. you have no choice. it just is what it is. my girlfriend told me that WE(women) are stronger than breast cancer now......and i have held on to that. so yes it sucks...and yes you don't wish this on yourself or anyone else....but you got this. for real. you got this.

and don't forget to write in whenever you feel you need to. i didn't have a forum to go to so going through everyone's posts have really helped me alot.

know you are loved baby girl.

ally

Thank You,
    I want to thank all of you that has posted and shared with me their experiences. I will begin round 1 on the 22nd and it is what it is. I think you guys have me prepared for everything from no side affects HaHa To everyone in the book and then some. I will be back on for more advice.
    Does anyone know if they keep crushed ice at the ono's office ?
    Thanks & Hugs
    Malinda
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Malinda1 said:

Thank You,
    I want to thank all of you that has posted and shared with me their experiences. I will begin round 1 on the 22nd and it is what it is. I think you guys have me prepared for everything from no side affects HaHa To everyone in the book and then some. I will be back on for more advice.
    Does anyone know if they keep crushed ice at the ono's office ?
    Thanks & Hugs
    Malinda

Should be
    They should have ice. The Center I went to had all sorts of 'stuff' for you to eat/drink. They had water, juice, herb tea, soup, crackers, fruit. Don't know if they had coffee or soda pop as I don't drink either so never asked for them. Each cubicle had it's own cable TV and thermostat and chair for some one if you take one with you - I didn't so my chair was often borrowed for someone who had more than 1 person. The recliner cubicles were open fronted but had curtains to draw across if you wanted. The bed cubicle had all the same except they were glass fronted (had curtain too) so easier to keep warmer if low body temp is a problem for you - it was for me on Taxol - was usually in the 96 degree range (could also be kept cooler if needed). They should also have heated/warmed blankets for you.

Susan
  • Jobi
    Jobi Member Posts: 211
    Options
    Some advice
    Hi Malinda,

I take a different cocktail - Adriomycin and Cytoxin, and have gone through two rounds now - with many more to go. The best advice that I can offer is that if you start to feel bad during the drip, don't be afraid to ask them to slow it down. During my first round, they sped through the drip in 3 1/2 hours when the projected time was supposed to be more like 5. I ended up with a massive migraine. As for the side effects, it really is true that everyone is different. But I will say this, because most people become constipated as a result, buy some prunes now and just eat about five a day. I didn't like the idea of taking another medicine, so I bought the individually wrapped Sunsweet prunes and I haven't had a problem yet. They don't taste the best, but it beats the alternative.

Hope it helps!

Dorene