lost at sea on cable and vimeo and clear colonoscopy today

pete43lost_at_sea
pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
edited February 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Its been over 15 months and for some strange reason within 2 days of each other my old lost at sea story is back going around the world again, now on cable tv the bio channel in a program called "i survived".

and also on the interent, on a site called vimeo, its the staff pick, the stories is getting some nice comments.

just in case you see the story on cable or vimeo, i thought i'd link the two together.
my username pete43lost_at_sea here and my real name is in the stories all over the internet.

most of the guys on the site here saw this 14 months ago, but now its back again.

the new story on the bio channel cut out the cancer part of my story and the colorectal warning alas. whereas nbc, abc, channel 9 were all more supportive of my desire for the public health message.

if you watch the story, i am going back diving the spot where it happened on the 24th feb,
thats also a reason i am not going to germany for hyperthermia. we goto have some fun sometimes.

the i survived has a great survival theme, i hope its contagious and we all survive each day as well as we can!. This is mainly for any of the new members of the board that maybe interested in our lives before cancer.

hugs,
Pete

http://petertrayhurn.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/back-in-media-spotlight.html#!http://petertrayhurn.blogspot.com/2012/02/back-in-media-spotlight.html

Comments

• tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Oh my word
    I just finished watching this....Pete---wow! I was so moved and mesmerized by your story. Thank you very much for sharing!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    tommycat said:

Oh my word
    I just finished watching this....Pete---wow! I was so moved and mesmerized by your story. Thank you very much for sharing!

thanks tommy,
    did you notice how my fat face which is smiling here, is replaced by a skinny face on tv. All the stories were done about a week after getting out of hospital for the big surgery on oct 7 2010.

I am not the man i used to be, about 50kg less these days.

the media is a strange beast, they just seem to keep on repeating stories like mine.
    its kind of amazing, all this is out of the blue, i am trying to get my treatments balanced, its a bit challenge and now this media opportunity came along.

so if 60 minutes do the story they might pay me some dollars, which i would be welcome. I even have this idea of driving around all the treatment centers in europe. i am just open to whatever the universe will throw my way, and am taking my supplements today like any day.

hugs,
    Pete
  • northernlites
    northernlites Member Posts: 96

thanks tommy,
    did you notice how my fat face which is smiling here, is replaced by a skinny face on tv. All the stories were done about a week after getting out of hospital for the big surgery on oct 7 2010.

I am not the man i used to be, about 50kg less these days.

the media is a strange beast, they just seem to keep on repeating stories like mine.
    its kind of amazing, all this is out of the blue, i am trying to get my treatments balanced, its a bit challenge and now this media opportunity came along.

so if 60 minutes do the story they might pay me some dollars, which i would be welcome. I even have this idea of driving around all the treatment centers in europe. i am just open to whatever the universe will throw my way, and am taking my supplements today like any day.

hugs,
    Pete

Hi Pete,
    Just wondering if

Hi Pete,
    Just wondering if you were tested for Lynch Syndrome through your genetic testing?

I haven't been posting much...but reading all of your posts. You are such an inspiration to me.

Tessa
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Hi Pete,
    Just wondering if

Hi Pete,
    Just wondering if you were tested for Lynch Syndrome through your genetic testing?

I haven't been posting much...but reading all of your posts. You are such an inspiration to me.

Tessa

thanks tessa
    great question, not yet, but i will ask the guys doing my test. i have emailed them for this now. I hope your going well.

Hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Hi Pete,
    Just wondering if

Hi Pete,

Tessa

thanks tessa
    great question, not yet, but i will ask the guys doing my test. i have emailed them for this now. I hope your going well.

Hugs,
    pete
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Pete
    I watched your video when you gave the site so long ago. How cool you are going to be on the "I survived" show, my husband loves the "I shouldn't be alive" show alot.
    Super cool Pete, and am so glad you survived it, and so THRILLED about your clear colonoscopy.
    Whoot Whoot!!!
    Winter Marie
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Pete
    I watched your video when you gave the site so long ago. How cool you are going to be on the "I survived" show, my husband loves the "I shouldn't be alive" show alot.
    Super cool Pete, and am so glad you survived it, and so THRILLED about your clear colonoscopy.
    Whoot Whoot!!!
    Winter Marie

thanks winter
    I was releaved as well, that's about all the tests they can do short of, a laproscopic explore which is on the cards if the dam cea does not go down. Its a good show, it was fun to do.

Hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Pete
    Whoot Whoot!!!
    Winter Marie

thanks winter
    I was releaved as well, that's about all the tests they can do short of, a laproscopic explore which is on the cards if the dam cea does not go down. Its a good show, it was fun to do.

Hugs,
    Pete
  • westie66
    westie66 Member Posts: 642

thanks winter

Hugs,
    Pete

The End of Illness
    Hi Pete: So if I go onto one of the sites you give above, I'll get to your story of survival? Would love to see it.
    Wondered if you had read a book that is now on the best seller list, at least in Canada (and assume in the States) called The End of Illness by David Agus? It just came out a month or so ago. It is creating all sorts of controversy here. I am almost finished it and have a new appreciation for the complexity of science and our bodies. Agus is a prominent oncologist in Los Angeles (heads a large cancer centre) and so a lot of his discussions in the book use cancer as examples. His chapter on vitamins and supplements is interesting and controversial to say the least. In effect he says, in developed countries like ours we should have no need to take even a multi-vitamin pill because it (and other vitamins in a bottle) cannot replicate what we would take in by eating healthily. Good food is not so readily available in the developing world. In fact, he says, these supplements may even do us harm as they disrupt the natural balance within our bodies, the homeostasis, and we don't know much about that for sure. He cites convincing evidence that taking extra vitamins of C, D, and E could actually promote some cancers (they do well on it just like normal cells do!). He also says - don't believe the headlines as they rarely tell you the opposite side (negative side) of a story (like the plethora of stories on the advantages of taking extra Vit D and E. It is thought-provoking reading for sure! He also discusses why we have come no closer to "curing" a chronic disease like cancer with all our technology and knowledge than before while we have done a good job of "curing" infectious diseases like malaria. Anyways, controversial reading but very interesting and food for thought! If we want to take supplements as preventative (and we seem to really want "hope in a bottle"), he suggests taking a daily low-dose aspirin, a statin (pill for reducing high cholesterol but does other things), and getting an annual flu shot! There's a lot more in the book than this. Our national newspaper in Canada, the Globe and Mail, ran an article on some of his ideas in today's paper. Last week they recommended his book highly.
    Cheryl
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    westie66 said:

The End of Illness
    Hi Pete: So if I go onto one of the sites you give above, I'll get to your story of survival? Would love to see it.
    Wondered if you had read a book that is now on the best seller list, at least in Canada (and assume in the States) called The End of Illness by David Agus? It just came out a month or so ago. It is creating all sorts of controversy here. I am almost finished it and have a new appreciation for the complexity of science and our bodies. Agus is a prominent oncologist in Los Angeles (heads a large cancer centre) and so a lot of his discussions in the book use cancer as examples. His chapter on vitamins and supplements is interesting and controversial to say the least. In effect he says, in developed countries like ours we should have no need to take even a multi-vitamin pill because it (and other vitamins in a bottle) cannot replicate what we would take in by eating healthily. Good food is not so readily available in the developing world. In fact, he says, these supplements may even do us harm as they disrupt the natural balance within our bodies, the homeostasis, and we don't know much about that for sure. He cites convincing evidence that taking extra vitamins of C, D, and E could actually promote some cancers (they do well on it just like normal cells do!). He also says - don't believe the headlines as they rarely tell you the opposite side (negative side) of a story (like the plethora of stories on the advantages of taking extra Vit D and E. It is thought-provoking reading for sure! He also discusses why we have come no closer to "curing" a chronic disease like cancer with all our technology and knowledge than before while we have done a good job of "curing" infectious diseases like malaria. Anyways, controversial reading but very interesting and food for thought! If we want to take supplements as preventative (and we seem to really want "hope in a bottle"), he suggests taking a daily low-dose aspirin, a statin (pill for reducing high cholesterol but does other things), and getting an annual flu shot! There's a lot more in the book than this. Our national newspaper in Canada, the Globe and Mail, ran an article on some of his ideas in today's paper. Last week they recommended his book highly.
    Cheryl

thanks heap cheryl
    i know about the dangers and side effects and issues with many vitamins and minerals.
    I will read his book sooner or later, probably later, as i have a scientific book on fasting to read first.

i was hammering zinc picolate ie 300mg daily, my integrative gp gave me a snack, she is a real good sort and i enjoyed it. seriously i have cut it back to 150 mg daily. and will build reserves slowly, its just my chelation program depletes zinc, and i have been in a hurry to get the lead and mercutry out and get the zinc up. if your metals ain't correct whart hope have your enzymes got. or so i believe based on my research. having great doctors keeps me well out of too much trouble.

too much zinc, can drive down cooper, now we discussed this in detail, as actually being and interesting/novel anti angiogenic approach given cooper is need to build new bood vessels during angiogenius. now all this is unsubstaniated theory, by piecing together research here there and everywhere, so i just experiment on the big big guinea pig. but what to loose and whats to gain. we will see, one day.

the disadvantage of vit c, is just hitting the press in research papers thats not accepted. thats why i have 3 vit c days each week and four days off vit c to give me dna repair mechanisms a chance to work. its documented on my blog as well.

the links to the stories are on my blog. the vit e stuff is common knowledge, and yes natural is best of all these vitamins and minerals. opps that said i am taking about 200 pills a day, and i think i know what they are all supposed to be doing. now that is scary. most it based on science i accept. they have not killed me yet and neither has cancer.

yes i am kicking myself about not getting onto low dose aspirin earlier, alas, no time for regrets.

big hugs,
    pete
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Happy for You Clean Colonoscopy
    Pete,
    Happy you had a clean colonoscopy. I too am doing Complimentary Medicine with Tai Chi, small dose aspirin, meditation, and exercise to reduce recurring cancer. Prayers for your continued good health.
    NB
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Happy for You Clean Colonoscopy
    Pete,
    Happy you had a clean colonoscopy. I too am doing Complimentary Medicine with Tai Chi, small dose aspirin, meditation, and exercise to reduce recurring cancer. Prayers for your continued good health.
    NB

thanks nb
    glad a few of us are doing comp med. all the extra things i am doing to me feels just like treatment now. i feel conventional medicine just far to easy and to a large extent missing the key points of our own individual biology.

i appreciate the prayers, was praying for my, should have been our mircles at mass today.
    sincerely praying with a real intention, i firmly believe god has given us the knowledge and tools of health. its what we have done to the planet and our communities and ourselves that i find intriguing, even overwhelming and certainly challenging.

hugs,
    pete