Hepatic steatosis?

Options
zinaida
zinaida Member Posts: 221
Hello my dear teal sisters! Final result of my CT scan from February,3 have this - "Hepatic steatosis". I did read on line about it and it is not so good news, another "silent killer". Any info about this deasis? Thanks, Zina.

Comments

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    sending hugs to you
    I don't know about this but I am sure you can beat it and send it on it's way.Keep us posted..val
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

sending hugs to you
    I don't know about this but I am sure you can beat it and send it on it's way.Keep us posted..val

just looked it up
    I don't think this is deadly..it is a fatty liver and could be caused by diet, medications. It can be controlled with statin drugs and vitamins. It is also common if you are diabetic. They say to eat gluten free and low glycemic diet...val
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options

just looked it up
    I don't think this is deadly..it is a fatty liver and could be caused by diet, medications. It can be controlled with statin drugs and vitamins. It is also common if you are diabetic. They say to eat gluten free and low glycemic diet...val

You have a fatty liver which
    You have a fatty liver which is more common than you think. The cause is often eating too much sugar/carbohydrates & sometimes the condition is reversible if you improve your diet. Choline is a nutrient that helps flush the fat out of the liver & you should be able to find choline over the counter from a health food store.

When the condition is brought on by drugs, it can go away when the drugs are stopped.

So did the scan show no cancer? That would be lovely!
  • zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    Options
    carolenk said:

You have a fatty liver which is more common than you think. The cause is often eating too much sugar/carbohydrates & sometimes the condition is reversible if you improve your diet. Choline is a nutrient that helps flush the fat out of the liver & you should be able to find choline over the counter from a health food store.

When the condition is brought on by drugs, it can go away when the drugs are stopped.

Thanks my dear sisters for
    Thanks my dear sisters for respond. February,23 I will see my primary doctor and we will desied what to do about fatty liver. CT scan did show only one small tumor 5 by 7 mm. in my low pelvic area, close to colon, what is half size of Julay CT scan. Another two tumors gone. I was one year on chemo. My onco doc. give me chemo breack for now. Will see her in two month. But I'am happy for now. Maybe I will have hear for summer? ;). With best wishes to my sisters, Zina. (Sorry about spelling.)
  • Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    carolenk said:

Do you know
    the recommended dosage of choline for fatty liver?
  • VictoriaSF
    VictoriaSF Member Posts: 165
    Options
    Tethys41 said:

Do you know
    the recommended dosage of choline for fatty liver?

looked on line for dosage
    i just looked online for dosage - it is 425-450 a day for women and 500-550 for men.

I also have fatty liver condition, but i did not hear about choline before. My mother sent me chicory roasted root - to drink like a coffee. it does not tastes bad - i add little milk or soy milk. it has lots of good uses - cleans blood, cleans liver , regulates sugar and helps regulate ldl cholesterol , etc...
    endive is good too if you do not want to drink roasted root. chicory / endive - it is same thing.
    hugs
    v
  • Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

looked on line for dosage
    i just looked online for dosage - it is 425-450 a day for women and 500-550 for men.

I also have fatty liver condition, but i did not hear about choline before. My mother sent me chicory roasted root - to drink like a coffee. it does not tastes bad - i add little milk or soy milk. it has lots of good uses - cleans blood, cleans liver , regulates sugar and helps regulate ldl cholesterol , etc...
    endive is good too if you do not want to drink roasted root. chicory / endive - it is same thing.
    hugs
    v

Thanks!
    :)