BRCA test

Options
DebbyB
DebbyB Member Posts: 86
BRCA testing was approved! Right now I am drinking tons of water, so hopefully its a one time try for blood. Has anyone else gotten this test and how long does it take for results? I was too excited to ask and just forgot. lol

Comments

• joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    About a week
    to get results. But their fax was so busy that my onc had to mail the insurance authorization. Negative for me, thank God!
    Good luck to you!
    JoAnn
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    joannstar said:

About a week
    to get results. But their fax was so busy that my onc had to mail the insurance authorization. Negative for me, thank God!
    Good luck to you!
    JoAnn

they tell you 7 to 14 days
    they tell you 7 to 14 days to get the results...it seemed forever for me... but mine was also negative..YAYYYYYY!!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    epark said:

they tell you 7 to 14 days
    they tell you 7 to 14 days to get the results...it seemed forever for me... but mine was also negative..YAYYYYYY!!!

My Mom...
    ... was recently told about two weeks. We're all - including my sister, who has two daughters - anxiously awaiting Mom's results.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    BRACA
    My insurance approved for the BRACA test and I was told 3 weeks before I would get results. My results should be in by next week. I am hoping it will be negative.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Mine took over a month
    to get the results but that was including the insurance approval. They took the blood, filled out the forms sent it into the testing place and they worked with my insurance to get the approval. Mine was negative also. I have 4 sisters and 13 nieces, so we were all patiently waiting, as were my sons and brothers.
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    camul said:

Mine took over a month
    to get the results but that was including the insurance approval. They took the blood, filled out the forms sent it into the testing place and they worked with my insurance to get the approval. Mine was negative also. I have 4 sisters and 13 nieces, so we were all patiently waiting, as were my sons and brothers.

Mine took about a month also
    Mine took about a month also including the company dealing with my insurance. My cancer center sent a letter along explaining I had no close female relatives for history except my mother who had it on both sides and in the chest wall. She only had a brother that died when he was 4 and I only have a brother. The wait was worth it: Negative! Wonder5ful news for me, my daughter, and my 5, soon to be7, granddaughters!
    Ang
  • DebbyB
    DebbyB Member Posts: 86
    Options
    thank you everyone
    Thank you! :) I was so excited it did not require a blood draw. I was told two weeks. I am praying for negative and hoping this will help me move on some.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    DebbyB said:

thank you everyone
    Thank you! :) I was so excited it did not require a blood draw. I was told two weeks. I am praying for negative and hoping this will help me move on some.

Praying for negative!
    Hugs,

Praying for negative!

Hugs, Lex