Options
2»

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Carol, I can only say that I
    Carol, I can only say that I hope the break from chemo strengthens your body and mind to prepare for the ongoing battle. Enjoy your time off chemo and I hope it helps you to feel better physically and mentally. You are one strong lady and I truly admire you. I think you have had enough to last a lifetime and now it is your time to take that break and enjoy your loved ones. Sending strength, love and (((hugs)))!!!. Take care, Carol.

How are you doing Debbie?

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

Hi, Noel. I am doing fine.
    Hi, Noel. I am doing fine. I still have my treatment (Abraxane) every three weeks. I have had 9 so far. I continue to remain stable, so that's the next best thing to NED, although I'd really love to hear the words "NED". My onc tells me that doesn't typically happen with Stage IV individuals. I can't complain though because I basically have 4 days or so after treatment that are not the best but otherwise I continue to work full time, exercise 5 times a week and enjoy my family and life. I just completed a half marathon (13.1 miles) this past weekend and took every one of you with me. It was the 26.2 with Donna that celebrated its fifth year. All the proceeds go to breast cancer research at the Mayo Clinic and also to fund Donna's Foundation for women needing assistance. A very worthwhile cause! Take care of yourself and thanks for asking about me.
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Hi, Noel. I am doing fine. I still have my treatment (Abraxane) every three weeks. I have had 9 so far. I continue to remain stable, so that's the next best thing to NED, although I'd really love to hear the words "NED". My onc tells me that doesn't typically happen with Stage IV individuals. I can't complain though because I basically have 4 days or so after treatment that are not the best but otherwise I continue to work full time, exercise 5 times a week and enjoy my family and life. I just completed a half marathon (13.1 miles) this past weekend and took every one of you with me. It was the 26.2 with Donna that celebrated its fifth year. All the proceeds go to breast cancer research at the Mayo Clinic and also to fund Donna's Foundation for women needing assistance. A very worthwhile cause! Take care of yourself and thanks for asking about me.

Stable
    Noel,

I have learned that "stable" is one beautiful word. I hope to soon read that the stable boy has return in my next report.

When I was lamenting that NED wasn't happening, a nurse told me to "learn to love the word "stable".

I have found it's one of the best words in the dictionary for us who are stage IV.

You really are amazing to run a half marathon. Congratulations! A very good cause too!

Doris
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Try to rest but enjoy the break at the same time...You're going through a lot...please know that I keep you in my thoughts and prayers, daily....as I do all our pink sisters and brothers...I think, once again, we are stronger than we know....I go on Feb.14 to see my Oncologist...see what's in store next for me....dreading it...

Wishing you peace and better days..
    Big Hugs,
    Nancy

Carol, I am sending you lots
    Carol, I am sending you lots of hugs and lots of prayers.

Kylez
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

I am amazed
    I couldn't imagine walking 3 blocks. It sounds like younare doing well. My legs start burning when I walk grocery shopping. I feel like I went from being totally active gto hardly moving in a few weeks time just before being diagnosed stage iv. This past Wednesday I had tmy monthly. xgeva shot, and I have litteraly been unable to do much more than sleep. I ate tums, took extra pain meds and was still in so much bone pain. I am not on the Navelbine for a month and was really hoping that my energy level woud improve, but I am still exhausted and spend most of my day sleeping. Wondering if this is relayed to my low blood pressure? 80/50 again at my last visit. Normally it is 90/60 + or - 3 or 4 . Dr says it is my body needing sleep to fiht the cancer but it can be 20 hrs a day.
    This makes your half

marathon even more impressive.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

So glad you saw my post
    So glad you saw my post Debbie! I can't believe you did a marathon! That is amazing! It sounds like you are doing well, all things considered which I am so thankful for. Praying for you always and it was great to get an update from you!

Take care,

Noel
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    camul said:

I am amazed
    I couldn't imagine walking 3 blocks. It sounds like younare doing well. My legs start burning when I walk grocery shopping. I feel like I went from being totally active gto hardly moving in a few weeks time just before being diagnosed stage iv. This past Wednesday I had tmy monthly. xgeva shot, and I have litteraly been unable to do much more than sleep. I ate tums, took extra pain meds and was still in so much bone pain. I am not on the Navelbine for a month and was really hoping that my energy level woud improve, but I am still exhausted and spend most of my day sleeping. Wondering if this is relayed to my low blood pressure? 80/50 again at my last visit. Normally it is 90/60 + or - 3 or 4 . Dr says it is my body needing sleep to fiht the cancer but it can be 20 hrs a day.
    This makes your half

marathon even more impressive.

Been thinking of you Carol
    Been thinking of you Carol and wondering how you were doing. You're always in my prayers.

Hugs, Megan