I've been missing!!!!!

Options
mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
Hey ladies I haven't been on the boards in a while but i see there is a lot of newbies and i would like to welcome you all and i'm so sorry we had to meet like this,I've been getting back to this new normal.I wanted to update you all on me,the last time i posted i think i was complaining about pain in the ribs particular on the left side(mastectomy side) well i went to all my Dr's in the last 2 months and all 3 say the same thing it's the femara causing the rib pain,I've only had a bone scan which was fine and my oncologist,surgeon and radiologist said it's the femara so if you've experienced this or know anything about it please let me hear from you. ~~MollyZ~~

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've never had this MollyZ,
    I've never had this MollyZ, but, it is good to see you posting and good that your bone scan was clear.

Hugs, Jan
  • mollyz
    Options

I've never had this MollyZ,
    I've never had this MollyZ, but, it is good to see you posting and good that your bone scan was clear.

Hugs, Jan

just wondering?
    Are you on femara? ~MollyZ~~
  • ManWithaMission
    ManWithaMission Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Rib Pain
    Hi,Molly. I am curently on Letrozole - 2.5mg,which is the generic for Femara. I started Femara last January 2011. I don't remember when I switched to the generic form. I have had sporadic pains in my ribs and muscle spasms of my mastectomy(left) side for short periods of time. I 'm not sure if it's from the harmone drug or the Zometa that I am also taking once a month? I also fell once and did fracture three ribs of my left side,too. They showed up on my last two bone scans. I think of the pain as a minor annoyance now.

Although, I know what is causing my rib pains, your pains still seem to be a mystery! If all three doctors think that it is the Femara,is the solution to the problem to stop taking it? Or take another harmone drug? I wish you all the best of luck in finding the cause to your problem. I'm sorry if I was not very helpful in pinpointing your root cause to this problem.

Also glad to see you post again. Prayers and Good Thoughts coming your way.
    Robert
  • GrammyKaren
    GrammyKaren Member Posts: 96
    Options

Rib Pain
    Hi,Molly. I am curently on Letrozole - 2.5mg,which is the generic for Femara. I started Femara last January 2011. I don't remember when I switched to the generic form. I have had sporadic pains in my ribs and muscle spasms of my mastectomy(left) side for short periods of time. I 'm not sure if it's from the harmone drug or the Zometa that I am also taking once a month? I also fell once and did fracture three ribs of my left side,too. They showed up on my last two bone scans. I think of the pain as a minor annoyance now.

Although, I know what is causing my rib pains, your pains still seem to be a mystery! If all three doctors think that it is the Femara,is the solution to the problem to stop taking it? Or take another harmone drug? I wish you all the best of luck in finding the cause to your problem. I'm sorry if I was not very helpful in pinpointing your root cause to this problem.

Robert

Hi Molly
    I am new to the board. Its a great place to be open. I have not had this med. I hope that you get it checked out..maybe an old injury??

Hugs,
    Karen
  • mollyz
    Options

Rib Pain

Robert

@Robert
    Hi Robert, so glad to hear from you I'm on the generic form of femara also,I had a bone density and a bone scan recently the Dr's wanted to rule out mets to the ribs/bones and everything was fine,they seem to think before i had had either test i started back lifting weights but i don't lift like that i had just picked up two ten Pound's and did a little over the head lifting and that was all but, they seem to think that's what started it all. I don't even know where to go from here. do your wrist hurt from the letrozole? that's the the worst for me i don't want to try another hormone drug this is the best for me,I mean this one don't have as bad of side effects as the others.thanks a lot ~~MollyZ~~
  • mollyz
    Options

Hi Molly
    I am new to the board. Its a great place to be open. I have not had this med. I hope that you get it checked out..maybe an old injury??

Hugs,
    Karen

@GrammyKaren
    HI there GrammyKaren! nice to meet you, and I'm so sorry we had to meet on such a site as this but we're a group of pink sisters/brothers and we get a lot of good advice from each other here,I don't post as much as i use to,I'm trying to get back to normal but when you go threw a cancer diagnosis your never normal again.~~MollyZ~~