just got my dx

Options
Just got results from egd. it showed EC.esop/gastroesophageal junction,modertatly diferentiated adenocarcinoma,invading at least yhe lamina propria.high grade dysplasia is positive for HER/2/neu(3+/70%) I cant make heads or tales of this.Trying to get appt @ u of m. Thanks for all you do.really scared, this is a second cancer dx. I also have carcinoid cancer mid gut

Comments

• sangora
    sangora Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Sorry To Hear
    So sorry to hear that you have need of our little group, but glad you found us. There are a number of folks on here that are a store house of knowledge. You will hear from them soon I am sure. Most of the info they need to help you on this journey will need to come from you. Untill the staging is complete, there is no honest way to discuss the options. What is the U of M. Do you have an oncologist as yet? This is the type data needed. Be sure to add information as you get it. We are all here for each other and can be here for you as well. Stay active in your post and share info as you get it. Sam Stage IV
  • Ginny_B
    Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
    Options
    So sorry...
    to welcome you to this group, but you will be glad you found it!
  • froggerjen
    froggerjen Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi and Welcome
    Sorry you are here, but you are in the right place for information. My dad had surgery a couple weeks ago at the Mayo for the exact same type of cancer, Esophageal junction cancer. His tumor was actually in the top part of his stomach. Definitely go to a place where they have seen this before, like the U or M or even the Mayo. There really is no comparison in my opinion.

You are overwhelmed right now but just take it one step at a time. Once my dad got to the Mayo, they re-did all the scans and tests because their equipment is so much better. They want to know the exact location of the tumor, etc. good luck and there's a lot of very helpful people on this site.

Jen
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    Hello and welcome to our EC family. We are always here for you. I was a caregiver for my dad. He had EC in the same exact place as you. My dad could not have surgery, due to other health issues, so he had 6 wks of chemo and radiation at UVA. The tumor shrunk and he went into remission. He had 12 good mos....then the cancer went to his liver. End of story. But....hopefully you can have the surgery to remove the tumor. What stage is it? Can you have the surgery? Do you have a well known hospital or cancer center you can go to? Keep in touch. You might also consider getting a 2nd opinion. Let us know how you are doing. Of course you are scared....we all were in the beginning...then we found each other...and it made is so much easier!

Tina in VA
  • Court_Ren
    Court_Ren Member Posts: 27
    Options
    So sorry to hear that. My
    So sorry to hear that. My husband has also been to the Mayo clinic, and still they say the same thing his Dr here in Grand Forks, ND says. We will manage it, and try to get the activity under control, but there is no cure. The EC spread to the lypmh system, to his liver, to his lungs, he is 34. I hope that they can get your activity under control. Hang in there.