RO visit

Options
grams2jc
grams2jc Member Posts: 756
Saw the RO this afternoon. He is in agreement that the shrinking that has occurred is great news. He, like me, thinks we will want to pursue more treatment options if we do not have further improvement. He says the radiation is not done working yet and he would like to wait 6 more weeks and then do another MRI and decide from that. I think that is reasonable but it is just 6 more weeks of limbo. He also wants to give my body a chance to recover from the steroid crazies I experienced as further rads trtmts will mean more steroids, UGH.

So back in limbo I go....cancer really SUCKS

Jennifer

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Waiting
    Hi Jennifer,

I am so sorry that you have another six weeks of waiting. Hopefully more shrinkage will occur while you wait. Everyone wishes they had a crystal ball at this point and can see what will be next. May your body recover quickly so you have a few weeks of normal.

Wishing you the best,

Doris
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

Waiting
    Hi Jennifer,

I am so sorry that you have another six weeks of waiting. Hopefully more shrinkage will occur while you wait. Everyone wishes they had a crystal ball at this point and can see what will be next. May your body recover quickly so you have a few weeks of normal.

Wishing you the best,

Doris

6 weeks to allow your body to heal ... and
    adjust -- sounds reasonable. Downside, you're in limbo regarding future treatment.

Praying and hoping these 6 weeks go by quickly, and you are able to sleep, and find
    peace. Enjoy your grand babies, and life in the meantime. I realize this is easier
    said, than done.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a CURE.

Vicki Sam
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    VickiSam said:

6 weeks to allow your body to heal ... and
    adjust -- sounds reasonable. Downside, you're in limbo regarding future treatment.

Praying and hoping these 6 weeks go by quickly, and you are able to sleep, and find
    peace. Enjoy your grand babies, and life in the meantime. I realize this is easier
    said, than done.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a CURE.

Vicki Sam

Yes Cancer really
    Yes Cancer really sucks..this fight is one hell of a fight but you will over come it....

im sooo happy to hear the good news and when you go back in 6 weeks we will hear more good news....

Take care my pink friend
    Eva