Fantastic Great News and don't know yet news

Options
AngieD
AngieD Member Posts: 493
The most wonderful news! My BRACA 1 and 2 tests results are back and are NEGATIVE! I had it done because my mother had breast cancer on one side back when they were doing radical mastectomies. 10 years later it came back on the other side and another mastectomy. 10 years later back in chest wall. And now I have triple negative IDC. So this is huge for me and my daughter and our 5 (soon to be 7) granddaughters!

The don't- know- yet- news is the fever and chills I've had since Friday evening. The oncall onc gave me a choice of going to ER or trying an antibiotic at home. I chose antibiotic. The fever went up and down all weekend and even from 98.9 to 102 while I was in my onc's office this morning. Could be viral. Lots of cultures done. Waiting for results. White count fine. Tomorrow's chemo on hold until fevers sorted out.

And MORE WONDERFUL news. The tumor was originally around 2/12 cm on Dec 27. After 2 A/C treatments, she could NOT feel it today!

Thanks for letting me share!

Angie

Comments

• Nana C.
    Nana C. Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Great News!
    I felt the same way when my test came back negative! was so releived that I could not pass them on to my granddaughter! From the time I was diagnosed that was my biggest fear because of all the cancer in my family. I will deal with what I have too but I couldn't bare looking at her beautiful face and thinking of her dealing with it. I pray that there will be a cure before any of our children have to do with this.

Praying that you feel better soon.

Hugs Nana
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Good News...
    Angle....I know the feeling of relief on getting negative BRACA 1 & 2....I, too, am triple negative with a daughter and two granddaughters....when I had my first go round with the beast I was told that "as a rule" (always exceptions) that triple negative is not usually hereditary....what a relief...and I am the ONLY one to have breast cancer in my family....so very happy you received the good news..

Hopefully they can find the cause of your fever and get you on the mend!

Hugs, Nancy
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    MAJW said:

Good News...
    Angle....I know the feeling of relief on getting negative BRACA 1 & 2....I, too, am triple negative with a daughter and two granddaughters....when I had my first go round with the beast I was told that "as a rule" (always exceptions) that triple negative is not usually hereditary....what a relief...and I am the ONLY one to have breast cancer in my family....so very happy you received the good news..

Hopefully they can find the cause of your fever and get you on the mend!

Hugs, Nancy

wonderful news Angie..thanks
    wonderful news Angie..thanks for sharing

Eva
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    Great news on 2 fronts
    Glad you are BRCA negative, wonderful that your tumor can no longer be felt!

Now if you can get that fever figured out.

Sending you cool thoughts and healing vibes,

Jennifer
  • MindyMaucelli
    MindyMaucelli Member Posts: 1
    Options
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Great news on 2 fronts

Jennifer

I love Fantastic Great News!
    So happy for you, Angie. It's interesting that in spite of your family history that you are BRCA negative. Go figure.

About that fever thing - you know I told you I had mystery infections every single cycle. My docs took it seriously as yours is by doing all the cultures, etc. My good friend, however, is in the hospital because her docs did not take her seriously enough. Please take good care of yourself and continue to monitor everything. It sounds like you're in good hands.

Suzanne
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    great news
    great news all around!

Hugs, Debi
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Nana C. said:

Great News!
    I felt the same way when my test came back negative! was so releived that I could not pass them on to my granddaughter! From the time I was diagnosed that was my biggest fear because of all the cancer in my family. I will deal with what I have too but I couldn't bare looking at her beautiful face and thinking of her dealing with it. I pray that there will be a cure before any of our children have to do with this.

Praying that you feel better soon.

Hugs Nana

Really good news Angie! Hoping you feel better very soon!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Great news on 2 fronts

Jennifer

This is good news, so
    This is good news, so congrats to you. Hoping your fever will go away soon for you.

Hugs, Noel