O.T. Daughter bad accident Friday...I was on my lunch and ONLY ONE BLOCK away

Options
disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
She called to say car got hit...I said where..she was all upset gave vag answer..i heard sirens but did not realize goingn to her accident. I could SEE all the firetrucks , ambulances etc..when I drove up..i saw HOW bad the cars were...she was out walking (so knew not badly hurt) guy ran red light-witness' stopped to tell cops. All we get is value of her car and to get new one LOTS of money! Stinks he is wrong and costs us LOTS $

Thanks for listening..

Denise

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Oh how awful!!!!!
    But good that your daughter is OK....

Does this goofball have insurance? That is normally the other thing about these idiots...drive reckless, with no insurance!!!

Sending hugs to you both....

Dutch knuffels, Kathi
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Oh how awful!!!!!
    But good that your daughter is OK....

Does this goofball have insurance? That is normally the other thing about these idiots...drive reckless, with no insurance!!!

Sending hugs to you both....

Dutch knuffels, Kathi

OMG!!!
    Thank God your daughter is OK. There are soooo many BAD drivers on the road we have to all be soooo careful.

Hugs to you and your daughter!!!

Mitzi ;0)
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

OMG!!!
    Thank God your daughter is OK. There are soooo many BAD drivers on the road we have to all be soooo careful.

Hugs to you and your daughter!!!

Mitzi ;0)

Hugs to all!
    Thank goodness she's okay! It may take lots of money but the car can be replaced - she can't be. Thankful prayers are sent as well. That whole experience can be really scary.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Hugs to all!
    Thank goodness she's okay! It may take lots of money but the car can be replaced - she can't be. Thankful prayers are sent as well. That whole experience can be really scary.

So glad your daughter is okay, Denise
    While the financial aspect may be really hard--this too shall pass and be resolved. God was taking care of your daughter that day, and that's what's important.

Hugs, Renee
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    That is so great that she is
    That is so great that she is fine - that's all that really matters.

I don't understand why you think it's going to cost you/her "LOTS $". His insurance will pay you/her what the car is worth so it can be replaced with basically the same vehicle it was Y no it won't buy a brand spanking new vehicle to will replace 'in kind' (comparable. Also his insurance will cover the tow bill and supply a rental car for her until she is paid for it and has a chance to find a replacement. If he had no insurance then it should be handled through the Uninsured Motorist on your insurance or through your state.

Walking around does not necessarily mean that there is no injury. We were tail ended by a brand new full size Blazer with oversized tires. She literally drove over the left rear of our big old Caddy. The good Lord was with her that day as she had asmall (prob.3 y/o boy) and an infant in it and not in constraints and stopped inches from a 30 - 40 ft drop into the Bay. Son seemed fine and went across the road to where we were taking him to work to be sure they called Island County Sherrif. He came back and sat down and it became obvious he was confused - wanted to know why there weren't any palm trees there - we were on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound so he was taken to the hospital - concussion. Vet was called as his dog was also not 'right' and spent the night at the Vet Clinic - concussion. Point is - walking around does not mean there is nothing 'wrong'.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

I don't understand why you think it's going to cost you/her "LOTS $". His insurance will pay you/her what the car is worth so it can be replaced with basically the same vehicle it was Y no it won't buy a brand spanking new vehicle to will replace 'in kind' (comparable. Also his insurance will cover the tow bill and supply a rental car for her until she is paid for it and has a chance to find a replacement. If he had no insurance then it should be handled through the Uninsured Motorist on your insurance or through your state.

Walking around does not necessarily mean that there is no injury. We were tail ended by a brand new full size Blazer with oversized tires. She literally drove over the left rear of our big old Caddy. The good Lord was with her that day as she had asmall (prob.3 y/o boy) and an infant in it and not in constraints and stopped inches from a 30 - 40 ft drop into the Bay. Son seemed fine and went across the road to where we were taking him to work to be sure they called Island County Sherrif. He came back and sat down and it became obvious he was confused - wanted to know why there weren't any palm trees there - we were on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound so he was taken to the hospital - concussion. Vet was called as his dog was also not 'right' and spent the night at the Vet Clinic - concussion. Point is - walking around does not mean there is nothing 'wrong'.

so glad she was ok.

so glad she was ok.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

so glad she was ok.

so glad she was ok.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

so glad she was ok.

so glad she was ok.

prayers and good thoughts for your daughter.
    How terrible -- God's hand was on her, no doubt in my mind.

Hopefully the insurance companies will expedite matters so there is no hardship
    on your daughter.

Vicki Sam
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    VickiSam said:

prayers and good thoughts for your daughter.
    How terrible -- God's hand was on her, no doubt in my mind.

Hopefully the insurance companies will expedite matters so there is no hardship
    on your daughter.

Vicki Sam

what a relieve that your
    what a relieve that your daughter walked away from the accident and doing good....I'm a bodily injury adjuster for an automobile insurance company and see this ALL the time...some of the stuff I investigate makes me want to cringe at the thought that my 16 yr old daughter is just starting to drive.

If you need any assistance or advice on your car or daughter let me know...

Take Care
    Eva
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    Glad she is ok
    Sorry the guy is costing you lots of $$

Jennifer
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Glad she is ok
    Sorry the guy is costing you lots of $$

Jennifer

How scared
    you must have been. I'm so glad your daughter wasn't seriously injured. Hopefully his insurance will take care of everything....it should.

Hugs, Debi
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    The most important thing is
    The most important thing is your daughter is alive and well! So thankful for that. Still, it must have been a horrible experience.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

The most important thing is
    The most important thing is your daughter is alive and well! So thankful for that. Still, it must have been a horrible experience.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Thanks everyone...YES YES
    Thanks everyone...YES YES YES..she is safe.......car really messed up..when I saw car I saw her right away out of car...so a bit better though all shaken..

Eva: thanks for offer!

HE DID have insurance and Admitted to running light (didnt' even touch his breaks) I am still waiting for police report...each day they say tommorrow...! WOnder if did any drug or alchol test. HE walked up to my daughter like nothing really happened and said I'M bad! (he's about 50 yrs old)

Also thankful I was ONLY ONe block AWAY..

out of pocket up FRONT HARDSHIP...ESP. since less then 2 wks ago $4500 for dental surgery not covered..and now pay out..car rental, new car seats, $200 deduct. on my NO Fault insurance, costs to transfer cars at DMV...I"LL get most back..but NOW with Cash for CLUNKERS hard to find car for teen-so to replace car (dependable) cost more then her car which was Paid in full..I am just frustrated...and IN NYS all medical costs go ON MY NO Fault Insurance...claim against me with my insurance..

Thanks all...

Denise
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    debi.18 said:

How scared
    you must have been. I'm so glad your daughter wasn't seriously injured. Hopefully his insurance will take care of everything....it should.

Hugs, Debi

Very glad that your daughter
    Very glad that your daughter is ok..that is all that matters really.

Hugs to you and her,

Megan