Just found out I have cancer - Possible Inflammatory Breast Cancer - Including Swollen Limph Nodes

Options
2»

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

Diagnose
    Dear Kris,

I am so very sorry for your diagnose.

Best to you,

Doris

Kris...
    Arm yourself with information on your DIAGNOSIS...

Wishing you the best...please keep us posted...we care
    Hugs, Nancy
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    I am sorry you had to join us. This is a great place to get support.
  • Tkitty
    Tkitty Member Posts: 56
    Options

Welcome

IBC
    I was diagnosed with IBC and IDC. It has been 13 months since dx and I am doing OK. I was a stage IIIb. The info I found on line was very scarey. It helped me more to ask questions of my surgeon and oncologists. I'm glad they moved up the testing. Waiting is the hardest part. Kitty
  • kris591
    kris591 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Tkitty said:

IBC
    I was diagnosed with IBC and IDC. It has been 13 months since dx and I am doing OK. I was a stage IIIb. The info I found on line was very scarey. It helped me more to ask questions of my surgeon and oncologists. I'm glad they moved up the testing. Waiting is the hardest part. Kitty

thank you all!!!!!!!!!!
    my first Chemo on Feb 20 they were thinking I had more than one cancer never thought I was so happy to find out it is only one cancer Inflammatory Breast Cancer. please pray for my Family and thank you all for the love and prayers . Love Manja ;0)
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    kris591 said:

thank you all!!!!!!!!!!
    my first Chemo on Feb 20 they were thinking I had more than one cancer never thought I was so happy to find out it is only one cancer Inflammatory Breast Cancer. please pray for my Family and thank you all for the love and prayers . Love Manja ;0)

Wishing...
    Wishing you well as you start your treatments....may it not be to hard on you...
    Please keep us updated when you feel up to it...we truly care
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    MAJW said:

Wishing...
    Wishing you well as you start your treatments....may it not be to hard on you...

Wishing you well with your
    Wishing you well with your first chemo treatment tomorrow...

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    kris591 said:

Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Inflammatory Breast Cancer
    Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Inflammatory Breast Cancer - i hope they do not find any more.

Hey kris,
    I know you're

Hey kris,
    I know you're just a few days past your 1st chemo. Wanted to see how you're handling it. Do you know what "cocktail" (drugs) they are giving you? Drink LOTS of water and listen to your body. Trying to "push through" the fatigue is something that comes natural to women, especially moms. But like I said, listen to your body. Exhaustion will hit...let it and stop.
    Will you be having any other treatments ie; surgery or radiation? My diagnosis is IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma). They're throwing the kitchen sink at it. Feels that way anyway. So far, lumpectomy, port placement of course due to chemo, and then 4 cycles of T/C (Taxotere/Cytoxan). I finished the last in late January. Now they recommend 6 weeks of radiation, which I'm debating and 5 years of hormone therapy (which I'm also debating) because my tumor was estrogen receptor positive.
    I know first hand the fear and bewilderment that comes with a new diagnosis. My very best to you. Remember..."This too shall pass".
  • kris591
    Options
    kris591 said:

thank you all!!!!!!!!!!

chemo treatment wend very well
    first. does anyone know where to buy reusable wigs store . I know their have them at the hospital but they are pretty much picked true. Love Manja ;0)
  • kris591
    Options
    kris591 said:

thank you all!!!!!!!!!!

first. does anyone know where to buy reusable wigs store . I know their have them at the hospital but they are pretty much picked true. Love Manja ;0)
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    kris591 said:

Check with your local ACS
    Check with your local ACS and the ones who facilitate the Look Good Feel Better program. Insurance usually covers them (at least that's what I've heard).

Susan
  • madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    kris591 said:

wigs
    Try the American Cancer Society...they're not the best, but free. My insurance paid 100% of mine. It was almost 300.00. I haven't been able to wear it though. Turns out the back of my head is flat (( who knew?) :) and it creeps up and feels VERY insecure. I'll be donating it to the ACS. Anyway, check with your insurance company. I now wear scarves and matching baseball caps. My hair is JUST starting to grow back. I finished my last chemo Jan19th, Counting the days til I can go without a scarf! I know I've got a while yet but it's comin' Hope you find what works best for you. I know this is really, really hard, but it too will pass my friend.
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    kris591 said:

thank you all!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Manja i'm glad they got
    Hi Manja i'm glad they got the ball rolling and you didn't have to wait long,thats the hard part is waiting.Strength,Courage and Hope.Hope you have lots of support from your family.

Hugs Frankie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    kris591 said:

Glad your chemo went well
    Glad your chemo went well for you Manja. The American Cancer Society, I think, has free wigs, so, give them a call.

Hugs, Kylez
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Positivity
    Hi,

Staying positive is key. You already seem to have that so that is wonderful. They thought I had IBC because of dimples in my breast resembling an orange peel, but I did not. It's hard to wait for the outcome of your tests but you will make it through, we all have. You have found a great place to let it all go if you need to and share your feelings. Best of luck with your results.

Terry
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Wishing...

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with chemo Kris. Keep updating us as to how you're doing.

Hugs, Diane
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Welcome

Wishing you all the best.
    Wishing you all the best. Keep posting so we know how your treatment is going for you.

Hugs, Angie