I'm lost

Options
davevg
davevg Member Posts: 114
So Johns Hopkens medical onc has nothing for my wife either. Talked to our onc here and he see's nothing out there that would be a fit for her right now. It's an udder felling of despair at this point. I'm not showing this to my wife but every door that closes scares the crap out of me. She seems fine but slowly she is realizing things are not good and this may not end well. We both still have a lot of hope left and I talk her up when she starts towards the dark side. Not giving up tho and hopefully the cure is just around the corner. Let me just say to you all that you are my heros fighting this beast and my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I feel kind of funny talking about my despair when you all have so much on your plates. But I also feel you are the only ones that would understand this. I keep thinking for every door that closes another opens so keeping my fingers crossed.

Dave VG

Comments

• garden gal
    garden gal Member Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    doors do open
    January 2011 they. told me I had 6 months to live because me ca125 was over 3000 and climbing I managed to get it down with one dose of carbo when they all said highly unlikely to happen.never give up trying and hoping. Praying Kathy
  • Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Doors
    Dave,
    You don't tell us your wife's current situation. There are options out there. The Block Center offers personalized treatment with an integrative approach. They also take insurance. Praying for you and your wife.
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Tethys41 said:

Doors
    Dave,
    You don't tell us your wife's current situation. There are options out there. The Block Center offers personalized treatment with an integrative approach. They also take insurance. Praying for you and your wife.

Sorry for what you
    and your wife are going through. She has a good support system in you and I know that is not easy for you. I watched the people around me suffer as I did. They didn't have the cancer but I know it killed them to feel helpless. I'm glad you found us and come back whenever you need to. All feelings are respected here. It is not for us to judge who is feeling worse. I come here to share good news, bad news, uncertaintly and sometimes when I am just in a funk. I hope you get some better news soon.

Karen
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    kikz said:

Sorry for what you
    and your wife are going through. She has a good support system in you and I know that is not easy for you. I watched the people around me suffer as I did. They didn't have the cancer but I know it killed them to feel helpless. I'm glad you found us and come back whenever you need to. All feelings are respected here. It is not for us to judge who is feeling worse. I come here to share good news, bad news, uncertaintly and sometimes when I am just in a funk. I hope you get some better news soon.

Karen

Keeping my fingers crossed too
    And hoping and praying that you and your wife find that "open door" very soon.

Kelly
  • eward
    eward Member Posts: 210
    Options
    no stone unturned
    If your wife wants more treatment, the Doctors should be able to find something. I know someone who had lots of success with treatments at the Block Center in Evanston, IL. My mom is at Rush in Chicago and her doctor keeps finding new treatments to try with her.

Don't know your wife's particular situation, but as long as she is strong enough, it is unacceptable for the docs not to try something with her. If she is not strong enough, places like the Block Center can help her regain strength.
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    WALK THROUGH THOSE OPEN DOORS!
    Definitely, I believe there are more open doors for your wife. How you must be hurting. I know how my husband felt through my ordeals, and I'm sure there were things he didn't say.

My many hugs and prayers are coming your way for your both. We'd love to stay informed, when you feel up to it. Until then. . .

HUGS & PRAYERS
    Monika
  • AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA),
    Have you tried the CTCA I know there is one here in Goodyear Arizona there are a total of four of them. Just goggle Cancer Treatment of America and it will give you all the details you need. They have been in buisness for over 30 years and deal with late term cancer with much sucess (sorry about spelling chemo brian today). I don't think of myself as a hero just someone fight with all I have to live. I am not ready to leave this earth and until I am I will fight like hell to stay here lol. Sorry about what you are going threw this site is not just for the women fighting this battle but the love ones fighting it also. Our caregivers go through just as much pain as we do just a different kind they love us so much and would give their life for ours if they could. I see the pain in my mom eyes sometimes, she has looked at me and said no parent should out live their child. I then really understood what she was going through. She also tells me you are not going throught this alone so tell me everything don't hold back. I know another place to go if you are able to travel and that is Doctor Bradly Monk in Phoenix, he one of the leading doctors in the world for advancement in Ovarian cancer research nad treatment. When I started this fight I already had tissue dieing inside me and was in pretty bad state. I Have stage four ovarian cancer and I fell like if it was not for his advance treatment of me I would not be hear today. He has taught me fight like hell lol and is a great doctor. When I first met him I was in the hospital not know what was really going on I went in because I did not fell well and could not breath. While talking to him he got a call from the Ukraine it was a new patient. if you can look him up also.

Anne
  • leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Gynecological Oncology at
    Gynecological Oncology at Mercy Medical Center (also in Baltimore). CSN mail me if you want names!

Leesa