Digestive problems and acid reflux after chemo

Options
azgrandma
azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
anyone else have trouble with digestion and acid reflux. I was good for a bout a year and a half, now i seem to get acid reflux and indigestion alot. at first I thought it had come back but it hasn't, anyone else having these issues?
Hugs Lynda

Comments

• Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynda
    I suffer quite a lot with digestive problems. I get very bloated after eating and suffer with heartburn too. I was diagnosed with acid reflux just over a year ago during my second round of carbo/taxol and take a drug called lansoprazole. I'm not really sure at the moment what is causing my bloating - may be my cancer or the hammering my digestive system has received after all of the chemo? But I do know that chemo can cause all of these problems.

Tina xx
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

Hi Lynda
    I suffer quite a lot with digestive problems. I get very bloated after eating and suffer with heartburn too. I was diagnosed with acid reflux just over a year ago during my second round of carbo/taxol and take a drug called lansoprazole. I'm not really sure at the moment what is causing my bloating - may be my cancer or the hammering my digestive system has received after all of the chemo? But I do know that chemo can cause all of these problems.

Tina xx

I feel bloated alot
    which of course makes me apprehensive but I am ok. I have so much trouble keeping my system regulated if you know what I mean. I am ok for awhile then I get so constipated it practically takes an act of congress to get normal again. I eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and I put Benefiber in my coffee everyday. I use to have severe acid reflux a few years ago but I lost some weight and it went away. There are so many things we experience that I believe no one has an answer for. That is what is so scary about this disease; it seems to have so much control. I am however still amazed at how well I feel after the assault my body took from the cancer, chemo, surgery and more chemo; not to mention the drugs that went along with the treatment.

Karen
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynda:
    Sorry you are

Hi Lynda:

Sorry you are having these issues? I started having digestive problems when I finally started to eat healthy. Go figure. Eat healthy - get digestive problems. But that was only in the beginning when I went full into healthy eating. It took a good month though before my system kinda of leveled out. I still do get some issues though.

I have brought these issues up with my doctor and the PA, but it wasn't anything they seemed concerned about also given the fact that a recent CT scan was negative. And the fact that mine wasn't happening every day.

As always, though, if something doesn't quite seem right, call your doctor. I hope your digestive issues subside. Hugs to you!

Kathy
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Kaleena said:

Hi Lynda:
    Sorry you are

Hi Lynda:

Sorry you are having these issues? I started having digestive problems when I finally started to eat healthy. Go figure. Eat healthy - get digestive problems. But that was only in the beginning when I went full into healthy eating. It took a good month though before my system kinda of leveled out. I still do get some issues though.

I have brought these issues up with my doctor and the PA, but it wasn't anything they seemed concerned about also given the fact that a recent CT scan was negative. And the fact that mine wasn't happening every day.

As always, though, if something doesn't quite seem right, call your doctor. I hope your digestive issues subside. Hugs to you!

Kathy

No indigestion and acid reflux but
    I've been having on and off again abdominal pain for about the last five weeks, usually occuring after eating but a couple of times after a bowel movement. My last CA 125 was at 6 and my recent abdominal ultrasound and CT scan both looked good. The next step is a colonoscopy which I get on Valentine's Day :). Like all of you, my body has been through a lot in the last year, including a foot of my lower bowel being removed, so I'm hoping the pain is related to this "trauma" and is easily treated. I too hope your digestive issues get better soon.

Take care,
    Kelly