happy dance good catscan

AnneBehymer
AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
this is a update to another post about my ca125 going from 6-52 in just six weeks.

so got the results of the catscan came back showing no cancer I am still in remission. My ONC/GYN did tell me that he finish a paper that is about to come out that show a study he did. The study showed that there is a 10-20 percent of women whos ca125 does this thing he called saw tooth, meaning their ca125 goes up and then down then up even more and back down. He feels I fall in that group of women so he believes I am still in remission, he is going to follow my ca125 if it continues to rise with no decress then he will runs some more test he feels that if it continues to rise and he did not see any tummors that means the cancer is back in some way and we will address it then. I think he does not want to jump on strong chemo again until he knows for sure it is back. So clear catscan still in remission doing the happy dance.

Anne

Comments

• LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Glad to hear you can relax
    Glad to hear you can relax again. I would love to read more about why the CA-125 bounces around. There are other women who have the same problem.
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    So happy for you!
    This is great news I hope you can celebrate today !
    Colleen
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    HAPPY, HAPPY DANCE!
    So glad to hear, Anne! Celebrate big!

Monika
  • JoWin615
    JoWin615 Member Posts: 150 Member
    Dance on!
    Great news! I, too, would like to know more about why the numbers are sometimes so erratic. Meanwhile, celebrate!

Cheers,
    Jo
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    JoWin615 said:

Dance on!
    Great news! I, too, would like to know more about why the numbers are sometimes so erratic. Meanwhile, celebrate!

Cheers,
    Jo

This news
    makes my day, Anne. And thanks for the info on the CA 125. That number that means so much to us is a mystery in many ways. I wish you the best.

Karen
  • anicca
    anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
    kikz said:

This news
    makes my day, Anne. And thanks for the info on the CA 125. That number that means so much to us is a mystery in many ways. I wish you the best.

Karen

What WONDERFUL news! I'm so
    What WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you!
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    anicca said:

What WONDERFUL news! I'm so
    What WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you!

Hurrah!
    I'm doing the happy dance with you, Anne!

Kelly
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member

Hurrah!
    I'm doing the happy dance with you, Anne!

Kelly

yeah
    yeah ii am doing the happy dance with you. God bless you
  • AnneBehymer

Glad to hear you can relax
    Glad to hear you can relax again. I would love to read more about why the CA-125 bounces around. There are other women who have the same problem.

soon will be out
    The paper should be out soon it was written by Bradly Monk he is one of the leading doctors in the research of Ovarian Cancer. When I met him in the hospital for the first time when he was talking to me he got a call from Ukraine from one of his newest patient. He works out of St. Joe's hospital in Phoenix Arizona. I do know he teaches in another state off and on I think giving speaches in the class room but I don't remember the state. I hope that helps you when you reseach him.

Anne
  • AnneBehymer
    JoWin615 said:

Dance on!

Cheers,
    Jo

I will ask when it is coming
    I will ask when it is coming out and see what I can find out to help us get a copy of the paper.

Anne
  • AnneBehymer
    azgrandma said:

yeah
    yeah ii am doing the happy dance with you. God bless you

thank you all for your
    thank you all for your support and prays it means alot to me and please know you all are in my prays all the times I think of you all every day. I just got done telling my mom how much you all have helpped me so much and I hope I am doing the same for you.

Anne
  • TexanByChoice
    TexanByChoice Member Posts: 44
    KICK UP YOUR HEELS GIRLFRIEND
    I needed to hear some good news...thanks for brightening my day.

Shirley