How long does it take for hair to grow back?

Options
ktamp
ktamp Member Posts: 81
My last treatment is March 21. I'm hoping I will have enough to do a cute pixie haircut by August when we go on our cruise.

Comments

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    You should be good to go with your pixie haircut!
    My last treatment was on March 24, 2011 (almost exactly one year before yours) and my hair started growing back about five weeks after that treatment ended. By about mid July, my hair had grown long enough to be called a pixie. I love my short hair, by the way, and have kept it short since then.

Take care,
    Kelly
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options

You should be good to go with your pixie haircut!
    My last treatment was on March 24, 2011 (almost exactly one year before yours) and my hair started growing back about five weeks after that treatment ended. By about mid July, my hair had grown long enough to be called a pixie. I love my short hair, by the way, and have kept it short since then.

Take care,
    Kelly

My hair started showing up
    My hair started showing up about six weeks after my last taxol treatment. It was 5-6 months before I quit wearing a wig. Hair is supposed to grow about a half inch per month. Don't be surprised if your hair comes in looking different than it used to.
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    carolenk said:

My hair started showing up
    My hair started showing up about six weeks after my last taxol treatment. It was 5-6 months before I quit wearing a wig. Hair is supposed to grow about a half inch per month. Don't be surprised if your hair comes in looking different than it used to.

I had my last chemo infusion
    in September of 2010 and by February I got my first haircut. My hair wasn't fully back to normal but the haircut shaped it into a hairdo. It felt great.

Karen
  • anicca
    anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You should have real hair by
    You should have real hair by then. My last treatment was mid September, and I had a very fine pixie cap of hair by Thanksgiving. Enjoy your cruise!

DB
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    anicca said:

You should have real hair by
    You should have real hair by then. My last treatment was mid September, and I had a very fine pixie cap of hair by Thanksgiving. Enjoy your cruise!

DB

about 6 weeks
    you will not need a wig anymore. Hiar grows in baby fine at first but the longer it the more unruly my hair was. I too have a pixie cut. I never was a short haircut fan, but I am glad to to hair period.....val
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options

about 6 weeks
    you will not need a wig anymore. Hiar grows in baby fine at first but the longer it the more unruly my hair was. I too have a pixie cut. I never was a short haircut fan, but I am glad to to hair period.....val

a few months
    got my last chemo 2 years ago next month and by october i could fix my hair