Whine time!

Options
Hi Ladies,

When I read what some of you have and are continuing to endure, I feel ashamed of myself for ever complaining. I am now on Avaistan alone for maintenance. I took a round of it last Tuesday. This morning when I woke up I ached like I had the flu. What do any of you take OTC for body aches and pains? Mine is mild compared to most people, but it's still not comfortable.

Thanks for your help.

Carla

Comments

• ktamp
    ktamp Member Posts: 81
    Options
    I know what you mean. I
    I know what you mean. I felt like a total crybaby when I read that someone had 14 treatments of carbo/taxol and 4 carbo/taxotere. I've had 3 treatments so far with 3 to go. I can't imagine doing more than that.

For body aches, I think ibuprofen works better. 800mg three times a day. Although my last round the body aches were much worse. Not sure if it was the switch to taxotere or the neulasta. I'm asking for vicoden before my next round.
  • taiga
    taiga Member Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ktamp said:

I know what you mean. I
    I know what you mean. I felt like a total crybaby when I read that someone had 14 treatments of carbo/taxol and 4 carbo/taxotere. I've had 3 treatments so far with 3 to go. I can't imagine doing more than that.

For body aches, I think ibuprofen works better. 800mg three times a day. Although my last round the body aches were much worse. Not sure if it was the switch to taxotere or the neulasta. I'm asking for vicoden before my next round.

body aches
    I was advised to use Claritin the day before my Neulasta shot, and again the day of the shot and for a day or two more. I also used Alleve and it seemed to help.
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Don't ever feel bad
    for expressing how you feel. We all deal with our own realities. Just last week I posted about my fear that my CA 125 had increased from 5 to 8. Like you, I apologized to the ladies who are having a really rough time. But at that moment I felt very bad and scared. That is the beauty of this board. We know we can come here and say what's on our minds without being judged.

My aches and pains have all but disappeared. I have the usual aches for my age (God I hate saying that). It has been about 16 months since my last infusion. The aches and pains lasted a long time and I didn't get a lot of help from my onc. She suggested I get checked for arthritis. Well time seems to have helped me but I'd say they lasted over a year after chemo.

Karen
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Whine away....
    Please don't ever feel that you don't have the right to whine compared to others. If you're feeling crappy, this the place to come! I'm going to whine some myself. This is my "good week" between chemos and and I have a fever of 102' all of a sudden. I'm sure I'll feel just fine in time for my next infusion, but this is spoiling my time off! Seriously, I'll have to call my Onc's office in the AM.
    (((hugs))). Maria