aortocaval lymph node first recurrence OC

ona
ona Member Posts: 8
The OC is returned as a aortocaval lymph node. I am taking chemo carbo/taxol. Chemo treatment started with CA125 of 129. After the first cycle of chemo treatment CA 125 went down only by 7 points.
This is the first recurrence for me. The recurrence after 9-months of chemo treatement (after the surgery). OV cancer stage 3B, I am BRCA 1.
Anyone had similar experience. I need to know in order to plan ahead what I got to do. What is the life expectancy after this recurrance. I got a 6-year old doughter to take care of. I really appreciate your response.

Comments

• paris11
    paris11 Member Posts: 159
    Hi Ona
    Hi Ona,

No one knows the future. I am very sorry that you have a recurrence. Carbo/taxol is proven successful in treating ovarian cancer.

I had a recurrence in an aortic lymph node in July, 2012. I was treated with carbo/taxol. The tumor dissolved. I am now cancer-free.

Love your little daughter and try to smile.

Good luck to you.

Connie
  • ona
    paris11 said:

Hi Ona
    Hi Ona,

No one knows the future. I am very sorry that you have a recurrence. Carbo/taxol is proven successful in treating ovarian cancer.

I had a recurrence in an aortic lymph node in July, 2012. I was treated with carbo/taxol. The tumor dissolved. I am now cancer-free.

Love your little daughter and try to smile.

Good luck to you.

Connie

Thank you Connie,

Thank you Connie,
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    ona said:

Thank you Connie,

Thank you Connie,

Dear Ona
    I haven't had a similar experience but wanted you to know that I'm praying for you and your daughter as you deal with this reoccurance.

Kelly
  • ona

Dear Ona
    I haven't had a similar experience but wanted you to know that I'm praying for you and your daughter as you deal with this reoccurance.

Kelly

Dear Kelly,
    Thank you.

Dear Kelly,
    Thank you.
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    ona said:

Dear Kelly,
    Thank you.

Dear Kelly,
    Thank you.

I am praying
    I am praying for you hon
    Hugs Lynda
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    azgrandma said:

I am praying
    I am praying for you hon
    Hugs Lynda

You have a good chance of
    You have a good chance of getting into remission again--or stabilizing your disease. Maria is a five-year survivor even though she isn't in remission, her disease is stable.

Best wishes to you.
  • 2timothy1 7
    2timothy1 7 Member Posts: 345
    Hi Ona
    sorry you are going

Hi Ona

sorry you are going through this. I'm apparently heading into my first recurrence also with ca 125(73). Haven't started chemo yet.  But prolly will in near future. Just hathe to start when I feel well.

i wanted to tell you about a new drug I'm going to take next time I start chemo. Its awaiting FDA approval but can be bought. It is supposed to help with chemo resistant cancer. They've been working on it for 18 years. it is made by CBA Pharma. You can google that to read more. It looks promising. I'm going to give it a try anyway.

best to you