Need Advice about SCC

oldpaint03
oldpaint03 Member Posts: 27 Member
I have had a lump on my top of my left hand and one on my r. index finger for 2 months. I thought that they were warts and used wart remover on them for a couple of weeks but the next day they would be right back. I went to a dermatoligist and he cut some off and they were SCC. When the nurse called to tell me I was very concerned because my husband just went through chemo and rads for SCC on his tongue and both sides of his neck. When I told her that she informed me that it doesnt travel to your organs or anyplace else. HELLO>>>>>> this is the same cancer that he had.
I guess what I'm asking is what your dr.s have told you! I am very worried, and I go in for surgery to remove them next week! And is it true that they do the surgery in the Dr.s office?
Thanks for listening, I know that there are many wonderful people on this site and they helped me everyday as my Husb. went through his C nightmare.

Comments

• Ginny_B
    Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
    I had SCC on my forehead. My
    I had SCC on my forehead. My surgery was done in a hospital. The biopsy was done by a dermatologist's office and they LOST the path report showing that it was malignant SCC on all margins! i never went back to them again. I had a bit of trouble with my surgery - the site opened after the sutures were removed, but luckily, the second set of sutures held and there is almost no scar at all on my forehead! (Just above the left brow).

The SCC was removed and while I was on the table and the docs in the OR they sent it off to pathology. We all waited for the intercom report. (clear on all margins!) They put me back under and sutured me up.
  • Ginny_B
    Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
    Ginny_B said:

I had SCC on my forehead. My
    I had SCC on my forehead. My surgery was done in a hospital. The biopsy was done by a dermatologist's office and they LOST the path report showing that it was malignant SCC on all margins! i never went back to them again. I had a bit of trouble with my surgery - the site opened after the sutures were removed, but luckily, the second set of sutures held and there is almost no scar at all on my forehead! (Just above the left brow).

The SCC was removed and while I was on the table and the docs in the OR they sent it off to pathology. We all waited for the intercom report. (clear on all margins!) They put me back under and sutured me up.

The photo is not me - it's
    The photo is not me - it's my mom and I post mostly on the Esophageal Cancer forum, as she battles this beast of a cancer.