Options
2»

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

I hope that it is an
    I hope that it is an infection and goes away. But if not, do get the MRI and even a biopsy just to make sure Sylvan.

Good luck,

Debby

Praying that it is an
    Praying that it is an infection and will go away and never return for you.

Hugs, Jan
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options

Praying that it is an
    Praying that it is an infection and will go away and never return for you.

Hugs, Jan

more
    prayers and positive thoughts headed your way. Keep us posted!

Hugs, Debi
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Praying
    Praying that the antibiotic puts an end to the problem
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    debi.18 said:

more
    prayers and positive thoughts headed your way. Keep us posted!

Hugs, Debi

Positive thoughts and
    Positive thoughts and prayers!
  • sylvan
    sylvan Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Two rounds of antibiotics
    I've still got it. The doctor doesn't think any more antibiotics will help. Sometimes, it doesn't bother me at all. Other times, it's bright red and hurts. I have no idea what is going on. The surgeon has done several ultrasounds. He says you can see that the tissue is irritated and not like the surrounding tissue. But there is no lump. Even though you can feel the lump. Should my whole breast be turning red at times and not at others?

I made a mistake tonight. Why do I always do these things late at night? Well, I looked up inflammatory breast cancer. Now I'm scared. I've got some ridges in my breast that weren't there a few weeks ago. But maybe I've been leaning up against something or holding my arms wrong or something like that. I've found that it bothers me a lot more when I wear a bra. That seems sort of odd too. Then again, I had whole breast rads. They did a number on my skin and the breast texture has become much thicker. Maybe this is from the rads.

I'm scheduled for my 6 month mammogram tomorrow but it hurts so badly that I'm not sure I want them messing with it much.

I don't know what to do. I feel like a cry baby. Femara is making me feel terrible. I have an appointment with the medical oncologist on the 29th. Should I call before then? I did try to get an earlier appointment but she didn't have a spot. I could probably get in to see her PA sooner. I don't know what to do. I could call my GP in the morning. She could probably get me in tomorrow.

Any suggestions are welcome.

And as always, prayers and good wishes are welcome.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    sylvan said:

I've still got it. The doctor doesn't think any more antibiotics will help. Sometimes, it doesn't bother me at all. Other times, it's bright red and hurts. I have no idea what is going on. The surgeon has done several ultrasounds. He says you can see that the tissue is irritated and not like the surrounding tissue. But there is no lump. Even though you can feel the lump. Should my whole breast be turning red at times and not at others?

I made a mistake tonight. Why do I always do these things late at night? Well, I looked up inflammatory breast cancer. Now I'm scared. I've got some ridges in my breast that weren't there a few weeks ago. But maybe I've been leaning up against something or holding my arms wrong or something like that. I've found that it bothers me a lot more when I wear a bra. That seems sort of odd too. Then again, I had whole breast rads. They did a number on my skin and the breast texture has become much thicker. Maybe this is from the rads.

I'm scheduled for my 6 month mammogram tomorrow but it hurts so badly that I'm not sure I want them messing with it much.

I don't know what to do. I feel like a cry baby. Femara is making me feel terrible. I have an appointment with the medical oncologist on the 29th. Should I call before then? I did try to get an earlier appointment but she didn't have a spot. I could probably get in to see her PA sooner. I don't know what to do. I could call my GP in the morning. She could probably get me in tomorrow.

Seeing the PA can be an
    Seeing the PA can be an avenue to seeing the doc. But you are significantly worried and you need some answers. I dont apologize for asking for things sooner than later, (and in most cases I am a people pleaser) because I have simply had enough and my anxietymeter is just to high. I always have to remember, that although I am nervous does not mean it is what i am worried about. Its is hard we have been hit so hard.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    sylvan said:

Sending prayers to you
    Sending prayers to you Sylvan!
  • sylvan
    sylvan Member Posts: 66
    Options
    sylvan said:

had a mammogram
    The radiologist said that he didn't know what was going on either but that it was clear that it isn't cancer. HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!

I'll contact the radiation oncologist tomorrow and see what he has to say. It might be some strange kind of lymphodema (sp?). We'll see. I'l keep you guys posted.

Thanks for being here for me.
  • madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    I was told that if it's
    I was told that if it's sore, it's probably NOT breast cancer. Mine(Aug 2011) was not sore at all and I thought that was aa good sign. Wrong! Hope this helps, but YES I'd be making some calls. My MO gave me her cell number with the instructions to call anytime before 11 pm. My very best to you.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    sylvan said:

had a mammogram
    The radiologist said that he didn't know what was going on either but that it was clear that it isn't cancer. HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!

I'll contact the radiation oncologist tomorrow and see what he has to say. It might be some strange kind of lymphodema (sp?). We'll see. I'l keep you guys posted.

Thanks for being here for me.

Yes, huge sigh of relief..no
    Yes, huge sigh of relief..no cancer! Let us know what your rads oncologist says and good luck!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    madsters1 said:

I was told that if it's
    I was told that if it's sore, it's probably NOT breast cancer. Mine(Aug 2011) was not sore at all and I thought that was aa good sign. Wrong! Hope this helps, but YES I'd be making some calls. My MO gave me her cell number with the instructions to call anytime before 11 pm. My very best to you.

Good news! Keep us
    Good news! Keep us updated!

Hugs,Kylez