wbc dropped and Cat Scan.

I went to my Gastroentologist this afternoon for a follow up. Because of my being admitted to the hospital December 11,011.
So he called the hospital today for my record and it said acute diverticulitis.
I was kind of surprised how my wbc dropped from 4.0 to 3.1 since August.
I have to do my cat scan on February 3 and then see my Oncologist on Feb. 10 th.
So suppose we will see what is up .
Have been in remission since December 09. After doing the Zevalin in December of 23,09.
I have Follicular NHL stage 4. So I suppose I will see. Hope you are all doing ok. Sorry I have not written in a while. Best wishes to all. Hilde

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Hilde
    Hi Hilde,
    I've been wondering how you've been since your hospital stay in December. Did your doctor indicate anything to be worried about, or is the scan just a follow up to check things out? I have my one year scan the first of April and I'm not anticipating any surprises. My blood work has been good and other than still feeling more tired than I want, I'm hoping for good results. I will keep you in my prayers Hilde and please share back what you find out. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will have many years more of remission! Thanks so much for checking in. Much love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • hilde451
    hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member
    allmost60 said:

Hilde
    Hi Hilde,
    I've been wondering how you've been since your hospital stay in December. Did your doctor indicate anything to be worried about, or is the scan just a follow up to check things out? I have my one year scan the first of April and I'm not anticipating any surprises. My blood work has been good and other than still feeling more tired than I want, I'm hoping for good results. I will keep you in my prayers Hilde and please share back what you find out. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will have many years more of remission! Thanks so much for checking in. Much love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

wbc
    Hi Sue Thank you for your prayers.
    No this is my first 6 month wait. So you know how it is when you get your scan.
    Last time was my first six month wait and it was back worse then ever. I am not going to let it run away with me. So will have to just do my scan and wait. Will see. I just looked at my paper when I got home the last time I seen my Oncologist on Aug. 26, 010 my wbc was 4.0. But then my blood work never totally recovered from receiving the Zevalin. Well I am not going to worry. I wish you all the best and good luck with your scan. Much love back ,
    Hilde
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Welcome back
    Dear Hilde,

I am glad your doctor is following up on the WBC counts. It is always a relief to
    know our doctor's are showing concern and going forward to find out why????

I am so sorry you have been DX with acute diverticulitis. This is one DX you didn't need.
    I believe you have to watch what you eat, and sometimes you can be become afraid of eating. Is
    that the case for you?? Hopefully not. In any event, please keep up your nutrition. If not
    eating 3 meals a day, try and space little meals through-out the day.

Prayers your way. Love Maggie
  • hilde451

Welcome back
    Dear Hilde,

I am glad your doctor is following up on the WBC counts. It is always a relief to
    know our doctor's are showing concern and going forward to find out why????

I am so sorry you have been DX with acute diverticulitis. This is one DX you didn't need.
    I believe you have to watch what you eat, and sometimes you can be become afraid of eating. Is
    that the case for you?? Hopefully not. In any event, please keep up your nutrition. If not
    eating 3 meals a day, try and space little meals through-out the day.

Prayers your way. Love Maggie

wbc
    Hi Maggie,

Hope you are doing well. I have had deverticulitis a long time but this is the first time they ever admitted me to the Hospital.
    But yes I do try to watch what I am eating. But I will be doing my first six month scan Feb, 3, So will see what is going on. I just can not believe that my wbc dropped.
    Thank you much for the prayers. It is nice to hear from you. Much love, Hilde
  • miss maggie
    hilde451 said:

wbc
    Hi Maggie,

Hope you are doing well. I have had deverticulitis a long time but this is the first time they ever admitted me to the Hospital.
    But yes I do try to watch what I am eating. But I will be doing my first six month scan Feb, 3, So will see what is going on. I just can not believe that my wbc dropped.
    Thank you much for the prayers. It is nice to hear from you. Much love, Hilde

WBC
    Dear Hilde,

I was about to sign off. Glad I got a chance to respond.

Is it possible your food intake is lacking in vitamins. The reason I say that, so
    many people I know have what you have. All of them find it difficult to eat. One of
    them is just able to eat bagels. Also, she declines invitations for dinner, for fear
    of getting sick from the food. Also, in the morning, she is in the bathroom for hours
    before leaving the house.

Hilde, I hope you take vitamins. Especially Vitamin D3, 1000 mg a day or more. Have your doctor check your Vitamin D levels. Maybe you can ask him or her if it is ok to take
    multi vitamins with minerals, fish oil, and vitamin C. And especially Vitamin D3.

I am signing off now. Looking forward to your response.

Much love and blessings to you also. Love Maggie
  • hilde451

WBC
    Dear Hilde,

Is it possible your food intake is lacking in vitamins. The reason I say that, so
    many people I know have what you have. All of them find it difficult to eat. One of
    them is just able to eat bagels. Also, she declines invitations for dinner, for fear
    of getting sick from the food. Also, in the morning, she is in the bathroom for hours

Hilde, I hope you take vitamins. Especially Vitamin D3, 1000 mg a day or more. Have your doctor check your Vitamin D levels. Maybe you can ask him or her if it is ok to take
    multi vitamins with minerals, fish oil, and vitamin C. And especially Vitamin D3.

Vitamins
    Hi Maggie,

Thank you so much for responding. I appreciate it much. I know I need to get some vitamins. I will try to get a vitamin D, and I want to get my vitamin level checked. The only problem with anything I take I have to speak to my dr. Because I take blood thinners. So have to watch anything I take. I am at a very bad situation. Everything effects the blood thinners. I really appreciate your response. I do try to eat right. I have been staying away from salads and I dont get enough veggies I know. I will have to get a registered dietician. To see how to eat better. Well how are you doing? I am hoping you are doing well. Much love, Hilde
  • hilde451

WBC
    Dear Hilde,

Vitamins
    Hi Maggie,

Thank you so much for responding. I appreciate it much. I know I need to get some vitamins. I will try to get a vitamin D, and I want to get my vitamin level checked. The only problem with anything I take I have to speak to my dr. Because I take blood thinners. So have to watch anything I take. I am at a very bad situation. Everything effects the blood thinners. I really appreciate your response. I do try to eat right. I have been staying away from salads and I dont get enough veggies I know. I will have to get a registered dietician. To see how to eat better. Well how are you doing? I am hoping you are doing well. Much love, Hilde
  • miss maggie
    hilde451 said:

Vitamins
    Hi Maggie,

Yes, and Yes
    Hilde,

I agree with you. You must check with your doctor before taking any supplements. Please,
    have your doctor check your Vitamin D levels.

Much love. Yes, I am fine. I am going to see my oncologist Feb 6. I am so afraid and
    scared. I feel ok, but who knows? I have been in remission as of Jan 2011.

You are such a special person. God Bless. Love Maggie