Seond neck dissection

Options
Good news today. The biopsies were negative and the drain tubes are out. My doc did not close it up though, I have to keep it packed with gauze and replace it daily....I can definitely tell you guys where the nerves in my neck are as I seem to hit them everyday in my attempt to keep the packing in. My wife and I simply couldn't bring ourselves to do it, so i enlisted the assistance of my next door neighbor who is a retired nurse. He takes good care of me now with packing my neck cavity full of gauze.
Can't wait til this thing heals from the inside out and we can get on with things and our lives, forever grateful of course for the second chance.

Good luck and God bless you all as you fight the C.

Mike

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Packin...
    So you're packin now......:)

Good news, healing has begun and another notch in your journey.

Best,
    John
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Nice
    Great news, nice to have a wonderful neighbor.

Continued well and fast healing

john
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Good new today. Biopsies negative.
    Well, that is great to read. That hole thing, and the packing, I'm not sure I could handle that. Ack. Hope that heals up quickly for you.
  • HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options

Good new today. Biopsies negative.
    Well, that is great to read. That hole thing, and the packing, I'm not sure I could handle that. Ack. Hope that heals up quickly for you.

Wishing you the very best as
    Wishing you the very best as you start your road to recovery. Aloha and God Bless