Kidney Problems?

Options
Hey Everyone,

It has been a while since I have been here. I see there are alot of new people. Welcome, even though the reason you are here stinks. We are glad you found us. I do have a question, if anyone has any information.
I finished taxotere and cytoxin (6 treatments) at the end of August 2010. I really did not have any "bad" side effects. I did however have a bladder infection afterwards. Recently, my back where my kidneys are has been hurting. It seems to be worse at the end of the day. Wondering if it could be a kidney infection or kidney failure assoicated with chemo. My onc. visit is in 2 weeks. Please let me know if you have any information.
Thanks,
Rhonda

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    See...
    See your physician....T/C can cause urinary infections...during treatments...I would doubt this feeling you're experiencing is chemo related, this far out from treatment....but could be...I would see, at least your primary care physician for blood work and a urinalysis.....urinary, kidney and bladder problems can be serious, so please don't wait to make your appointment....in the meantime, drink TONS of water and you can add cranberry juice...

Keep us posted...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

See...
    See your physician....T/C can cause urinary infections...during treatments...I would doubt this feeling you're experiencing is chemo related, this far out from treatment....but could be...I would see, at least your primary care physician for blood work and a urinalysis.....urinary, kidney and bladder problems can be serious, so please don't wait to make your appointment....in the meantime, drink TONS of water and you can add cranberry juice...

Keep us posted...
    Hugs, Nancy

I agree to not wait the 2
    I agree to not wait the 2 weeks if you can get in sooner to see your PCP. Like Nancy said, drink lots of water and I even take cranberry pills. Let us know what you find out.

Sue :)