Just took my last pain pill!

Options
annalexandria
annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
After being on Vicodin for nearly a year, I officially took my last 1/2 pill today. Took three weeks of tapering (thanks Abrub!), and I've felt like crap, but now I'm done. Still feel like I have the flu but hopefully that will subside in a few days. Pain meds are great when you need them, but a serious pain in the butt to ditch when you don't (kind of like some guys I've dated). Will be going to get my teeth cleaned this afternoon, wonder if it would be cheating to ask for a little something to "calm mah nerves". Just kidding...I may miss my white wine and vicodin cocktail hours, but there's no going back now. Might very well need these meds in the future, gotta keep my level of tolerance somewhere below "full-on junkie". Hugs and strength to ya'll. Ann

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Anne!
    Take care and keep your nerves under control in the dentist! hahaha!
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Options
    Way to go
    I know it must be hard coming off the pain meds. I take them everyday and can't imagine what it will be like not taking any. Way to go.
    Jeff
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What you've done
    Congrats! What you've done is not easy. I hope within a couple of days you'll be done with all of the flu-like stuff too.

Alice
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    a full on junkie wow!!!!
    just great your you don't need the pain meds, your liver will love you.
    hugs,
    pete

ps i am a juice junkie
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    You did it! That has to be a relief.
    Take care-

Lisa
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Great
    Good for you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • karen40
    karen40 Member Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    Be proud of yourself. Not too many can do it without help.
    Karen
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    karen40 said:

Congrats!
    Be proud of yourself. Not too many can do it without help.
    Karen

Way to go Ann! You have my
    Way to go Ann! You have my respect for doing that.
    Enjoy your newly cleaned choppers. Oh, the little things that we look forward to.
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    How's it going Ann? Have you
    How's it going Ann? Have you turned a corner? I can relate to the pull of those pills.
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    tommycat said:

How's it going Ann? Have you
    How's it going Ann? Have you turned a corner? I can relate to the pull of those pills.

Hey Tommycat-
    I'm hanging in there, thanks for asking! It's been three days now with no opiates in the system, and I still feel kind of cruddy, but I've been told that it can take up to a week for the side effects to subside. I'm also going through surgery-induced menopause, so it's non-stop fun around my house right at the moment! Oh well, at least I managed to get off the pills before I was reduced to selling my children's most precious toys to support my addiction. That's a plus. Hope all is well with you!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Good
    Good for you and doing something about it. Hope that things are going better for you.

Kim