OT Can"t get any respect.

Options
ron50
ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
Cancer survival gains you no respect with mother nature. Last week the weather service declared that la ninja was on the wane and average rainfall would drop dramatically. So this week we have had three days of torrential rain and once more I find myself up to my ankles in bathroom //laundry and bedroom. The state emergency service has set up evacuation centres around Brisbane,Sushine and Gold Costs as we expect up to six inches a day for the next few days.
I managed to bail the place out fast enough to keep the water out of the power system I just hope the earth leakage circuit is operating effectively.Cheers from a soggy downunder,Ron.

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Dear Ron
    WOW! you are sure living the old adage...when it rains it pours!

Sure hope that you will be ok there with all that rain.

Take care of yourself, and if the water gets too high...head on out.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

Dear Ron
    WOW! you are sure living the old adage...when it rains it pours!

Sure hope that you will be ok there with all that rain.

Take care of yourself, and if the water gets too high...head on out.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

WOW Ron what a year with the rain !
    Take care of your self my old friend!
  • neons356
    neons356 Member Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Look at the bright side, Ron
    You'll be able to go fishing right in your own house. You won't even have to leave your bed! All kidding aside, though, I hope you make it through ok.
    Carl
  • ron50
    Options
    neons356 said:

Look at the bright side, Ron
    You'll be able to go fishing right in your own house. You won't even have to leave your bed! All kidding aside, though, I hope you make it through ok.
    Carl

Just about carl
    We had around nine inches overnight and it is still raining. A place 15km south got nearly 12 inches for the same period. Trouble is the coastal range is only twenty kliks from the sea and at high tide all of the rivers back up. Lots of roads get flooded and people take crasy risks. But not me:). Ron.
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

Just about carl
    We had around nine inches overnight and it is still raining. A place 15km south got nearly 12 inches for the same period. Trouble is the coastal range is only twenty kliks from the sea and at high tide all of the rivers back up. Lots of roads get flooded and people take crasy risks. But not me:). Ron.

Okay, Ron
    Now quit hoarding all that rain! We could use some in Arizona. No, seriously, I can't imagine having to deal with all that mess. I panic when the toilet backs up. Sure hope it slows down and you can keep it out of the house.

Take care,

Wolfen
  • ron50
    Options
    wolfen said:

Okay, Ron
    Now quit hoarding all that rain! We could use some in Arizona. No, seriously, I can't imagine having to deal with all that mess. I panic when the toilet backs up. Sure hope it slows down and you can keep it out of the house.

Take care,

Wolfen

Another day
    Yet another one of torrential rain. Used to love going to sleep to the sound of pouring rain . Now it keeps me awake wondering when I'll have to get up and start bailing again but in comparison to what many on the board are suffering my problems are small fish.Best wishes to all Ron.
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

Another day
    Yet another one of torrential rain. Used to love going to sleep to the sound of pouring rain . Now it keeps me awake wondering when I'll have to get up and start bailing again but in comparison to what many on the board are suffering my problems are small fish.Best wishes to all Ron.

For the record
    I will not trade.

Keep bailing Ron.