My dutch day....

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
Typical Dutch day: Got on our bikes, checked out some flowers along the way, rode to a 2nd hand store with a restaurant inside. Ate a dutch lunch, with a cup of coffee, mounted up, rode to a grocery store for stuff. Sat and had a free cup of tea, rode home...car hasn't left the garage in 2 days...*smile*

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous! I am not
    I am so jealous! I am not sure if I own a bicycle anymore. Biking around here is not great. What is a dutch lunch?
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

I am so jealous! I am not
    I am so jealous! I am not sure if I own a bicycle anymore. Biking around here is not great. What is a dutch lunch?

Totally my kind of day~
    Sippin, shoppin, sightseeing (pedaling). I do enjoy hearing of your dutch adventures, the good food and such...and the pics you post.
    Enjoy!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Totally my kind of day~
    Sippin, shoppin, sightseeing (pedaling). I do enjoy hearing of your dutch adventures, the good food and such...and the pics you post.
    Enjoy!

I want a Dutch day, or an Italian day, or a French day!
    Kathi--sounds so lovely and peaceful. What could be better than shopping, riding around on a bike, eating delicious food. Tell us about Dutch food.

Love that you're enjoying life to the fullest.

Hugs, Renee
  • KathiM
    Options
    missrenee said:

I want a Dutch day, or an Italian day, or a French day!
    Kathi--sounds so lovely and peaceful. What could be better than shopping, riding around on a bike, eating delicious food. Tell us about Dutch food.

Love that you're enjoying life to the fullest.

Hugs, Renee

My dutch lunch:
    Mine was an uitsmijter ("An 'uitsmijter' is a typical feature on Amsterdam's cafe menus.... 2-3 slices bread, either white or brown, 3 fried eggs, 2 slices boiled ham; 2 large slices cheese, preferably 'oude kaas' (aged Gouda), Salt & pepper"), served open face (very typical dutch) and eaten with a knife and fork, and a cup of dutch coffee...very strong, small cup, served with 'koffie melk', sugar, and a 'koekje die bij' (small cookie by the coffee). My beau also had an uitsmijter, with a cup of tea.

Most dutch lunch items, except when bought on the run at McDonalds or an Automat where you can get food to take (read fast food), are served open faced and eaten with a knife and fork (knife in right hand, fork in left). There are really no 'sandwiches' here that you eat with 2 pieces of bread, unless, as I said, you buy from a fast food 'take away' place...Subway and McDonalds and Burger King and KFC are all here in The Netherlands, as well as some 'broodjes winkels' that will serve on a roll (mmmmm also very good and another fav, especially when we go to Amsterdam)...

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

My dutch lunch:
    Mine was an uitsmijter ("An 'uitsmijter' is a typical feature on Amsterdam's cafe menus.... 2-3 slices bread, either white or brown, 3 fried eggs, 2 slices boiled ham; 2 large slices cheese, preferably 'oude kaas' (aged Gouda), Salt & pepper"), served open face (very typical dutch) and eaten with a knife and fork, and a cup of dutch coffee...very strong, small cup, served with 'koffie melk', sugar, and a 'koekje die bij' (small cookie by the coffee). My beau also had an uitsmijter, with a cup of tea.

Most dutch lunch items, except when bought on the run at McDonalds or an Automat where you can get food to take (read fast food), are served open faced and eaten with a knife and fork (knife in right hand, fork in left). There are really no 'sandwiches' here that you eat with 2 pieces of bread, unless, as I said, you buy from a fast food 'take away' place...Subway and McDonalds and Burger King and KFC are all here in The Netherlands, as well as some 'broodjes winkels' that will serve on a roll (mmmmm also very good and another fav, especially when we go to Amsterdam)...

Dutch hugs, Kathi

I've been missing the dutch
    I've been missing the dutch reports. It always lifts my spirits to hear your adventures. So big dutch hugs to you and tell us more of your adventures.
    Stef
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

My dutch lunch:

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Yum--that sounds like a
    Yum--that sounds like a super breakfast! I love your dutch reports too--it is like Calgon; it just takes me away ;-) Love 'em!

P.S. I seriously think you could write a newspaper column and syndicate.
  • GrammyKaren
    GrammyKaren Member Posts: 96
    Options

Yum--that sounds like a
    Yum--that sounds like a super breakfast! I love your dutch reports too--it is like Calgon; it just takes me away ;-) Love 'em!

P.S. I seriously think you could write a newspaper column and syndicate.

kathi
    don't forget the french fries with the delicious mayonaise dressing ....

yum
    karen
  • KathiM
    Options

kathi
    don't forget the french fries with the delicious mayonaise dressing ....

yum
    karen

Oh....who COULD forget????
    And a broodje croquette...mmmmmm! And a 'kopje koffie' of glasje fris die bij...mmmmm (cup of coffee or glass of soda)!

Knuffels (dutch hugs), Kathi