Good morning

kikz
kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
my precious teal sisters. The pity party is over. I decided to give myself the weekend to mope and put my CA 125 result in perspective.

You all kept me afloat these last couple of days. As I stated I tend to overreact but knew I would come to my senses in time. When I tried to talk to my son, he took the father-figure approach with me and I ended up feeling scolded. I feel he doesn't acknowledge the strength and positive attitude I have shown over the last almost two years. And my mom...she reminded me what the doctor said. My gyn/onc told me the results would fluctuate and that even if my CA 125 went into double digits he would not be too concerned. :o I replied to my mom, it doesn't matter what he says if I'm scared. She said, I know. I didn't share my apprehension with anyone else.

So that left it up to you, my lovely ladies to hold me up and you did.

My next scheduled CA 125 is in April and I will try as I always do to live each day with good thoughts for the future. As I stated my result in October went from 3 to 5 and the current one went from 5 to 8. I meant when I said I apologized to everyone who is going through rough times for lamenting over a result of 8. But as we have discussed here recently we all need to be able to post about whatever is going on in our lives no matter how grave or inconsequential.

I have decided that eight is only a number. It can be good or bad. If I only had $8 in my bank account or 8 ex-husbands that is not good but as a Weight Watcher who has fought a life-long battle of the bulge a size eight would be remarkable.

A CA 125 result of 8 is great too, I just have to keep it in context.

Thank you all again.

Karen

Comments

• Twins Ga-Ga
    Twins Ga-Ga Member Posts: 10
    Number 8
    I like your thoughts about all the number 8 examples. I finished my chemo (6 treatments) 12/21/11 and will be having my first CA125 this week which kinda scares me. My August number was 22 and October was 8 which I know is good but it's still a worry when it's time for another checkup.

You take care and believe 8 is great!!!!

Linda
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member

Number 8
    I like your thoughts about all the number 8 examples. I finished my chemo (6 treatments) 12/21/11 and will be having my first CA125 this week which kinda scares me. My August number was 22 and October was 8 which I know is good but it's still a worry when it's time for another checkup.

You take care and believe 8 is great!!!!

Linda

So happy to hold you up, Karen!
    I know you would do the same for any of us!

Kelly