;( crappy day...

Options
Radioactive34
Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
Sigh, I have tried to submit this post 3 times but no luck. Suffice to say if you see 2 or 3 different topics of this nature, I apologize...each time I try to submit it gets eaten...just disapears or I get moved to a different cancer board...I just give up on it

Comments

• Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Sorry
    Sorry you are having a crappy day, I am too but it has more to do with the mirilax than anything else, lol.just wanted to say hello. It is so weird that so many of us have thought at one time or another we have felt unimportant to this board when nothing could be further from the truth. Every single one of us make this board the wonderful place that it is.
    So I think we all have to make a little more of an effort to respond to posts of others,but then there is the point when you hit post and your well thought out post just disappears or appears ten times! Okay here we go...
    Colleen
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

Sorry
    Sorry you are having a crappy day, I am too but it has more to do with the mirilax than anything else, lol.just wanted to say hello. It is so weird that so many of us have thought at one time or another we have felt unimportant to this board when nothing could be further from the truth. Every single one of us make this board the wonderful place that it is.
    So I think we all have to make a little more of an effort to respond to posts of others,but then there is the point when you hit post and your well thought out post just disappears or appears ten times! Okay here we go...
    Colleen

I hope you know
    how many good thoughts are going your way. I have had long, well-thought out posts just disappear when I hit post comment. Sometimes I don't feel like writing it a second time. I hope you feel better soon.

Karen
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    kikz said:

I hope you know
    how many good thoughts are going your way. I have had long, well-thought out posts just disappear when I hit post comment. Sometimes I don't feel like writing it a second time. I hope you feel better soon.

Karen

Sorry, too.
    I'm so sorry you're having a crappy day. Sending you good thoughts too.

Kelly
  • Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support and
    Thanks for your support and responses. I have been in a funk......holiday blues combined with marital issues that get exacerbated by the change in country and illness. While I am proactive about integrating and networking, it feels so isolating. I think I took on more than I could handle by starting language classes right away.

The chemo killed some of my hearing. The language is exacting in the intonations, and I just can't hear some of them. So..on the crappy day I had gotten bumped from accelerated language classes to beginners based on 2 days of classes and pronunciation. Prior to the cancer, I worked professionally with multiple languages. I have a knack for languages.

Sigh, it was a blow to think the cancer may have taken more away than I thought. The first month and a half of my treatments I was still working. My boss marvelled that I could pass a quality test that most of the call center could not in a given ordinary day. And problem solve issues that he would have problems solving.

I am still fighting chemo brain. When put on the spot at the classes, my brain just goes blank. That was so not me...I could turn on a dime and typically overachieved in just about everything I put my mind to. I feel I could still do it...if I could remember what the hell I was overachieving.

Add the anxiety of getting the healthcare straigthened out...I am sort of miserable at the moment. Oh and I constipated to boot...Lol, getting adjusted to life with/after cancer is just as hard as learning you have it.
  • Barneygirl
    Barneygirl Member Posts: 90
    Options

Thanks for your support and
    Thanks for your support and responses. I have been in a funk......holiday blues combined with marital issues that get exacerbated by the change in country and illness. While I am proactive about integrating and networking, it feels so isolating. I think I took on more than I could handle by starting language classes right away.

The chemo killed some of my hearing. The language is exacting in the intonations, and I just can't hear some of them. So..on the crappy day I had gotten bumped from accelerated language classes to beginners based on 2 days of classes and pronunciation. Prior to the cancer, I worked professionally with multiple languages. I have a knack for languages.

Sigh, it was a blow to think the cancer may have taken more away than I thought. The first month and a half of my treatments I was still working. My boss marvelled that I could pass a quality test that most of the call center could not in a given ordinary day. And problem solve issues that he would have problems solving.

I am still fighting chemo brain. When put on the spot at the classes, my brain just goes blank. That was so not me...I could turn on a dime and typically overachieved in just about everything I put my mind to. I feel I could still do it...if I could remember what the hell I was overachieving.

Add the anxiety of getting the healthcare straigthened out...I am sort of miserable at the moment. Oh and I constipated to boot...Lol, getting adjusted to life with/after cancer is just as hard as learning you have it.

Sorry you are in a funk and
    Sorry you are in a funk and I hope it passes soon. I think it is great you are trying to take classes through all of this. I hope it gets better.
  • garden gal
    garden gal Member Posts: 212 Member
    Options

Sorry you are in a funk and
    Sorry you are in a funk and I hope it passes soon. I think it is great you are trying to take classes through all of this. I hope it gets better.

I,m in a funk
    sitting in a hospital room no food miles from home. on tpn waiting to hear when surgery will be. kathy
  • TiggersDoBounce
    TiggersDoBounce Member Posts: 408
    Options

I,m in a funk
    sitting in a hospital room no food miles from home. on tpn waiting to hear when surgery will be. kathy

Kathy
    Sorry you are isolated awaiting the tpn...thinking of you and sending thoughts and prayers for a good day. Let us know how you do..

Laurie