latest pet scan CLEAR and confronting pet result

Options
pete43lost_at_sea
pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
so the surgeons and oncs think its a recurrence, its just the tumour ain't visible yet.

to be honest i am in no hurry for any tumour or tumours to show up either, so i was happy with todays pet result.

7 am pet, they did brain as well.
small uptake in rib, that they say is not a met.
note no similar uptake on the pet a 6 weeks ago.

took results to onc 3, at a different hospital for the radiologists review meeting 10am.

played golf with wife 9 holes. got a few pars and sunk a few good puts.

4.30pm now consult with onc 1, who has been away until today.

she invited me to get a second opinion, i just said i thought she said opinions.

onc3 won't co manage me.
wants 6 week cea tests, less frequent meaningless.

confirmed i am a kras mutant, so no erbitux for me.

said the tumour is slow growing which is a good indicator of future progression.

said its like a ship on the horizon, its coming into port, you know its arriving, its just a matter of time before the ship comes in to shore. ie the met appears on a scan.

she has no scientific evidence for any of the alternatives i am trying.
she said cimetidine is ok.

i gave her the 500pages of iv vit c studies provided by integrative gp.
i don't think she will read them.

she said about do no harm, so as long as my alt do know harm then go for it.

she said watchout for false hope, people trying to exploit the vulnerable ie me.

i just nodded and nodded and nodded.

my wife was there, she is lost in the details of genes and kras.
of course surgery, surgery, surgery whether kras or not.

she offered to let me goto to onc3, but i know i have the best, most experienced colorectal onc in sydney already. noway am i going to let her dump me. she is a really nice lady.

so i can pursue my alternatives, do my iv c 4 days a week, try my artisisian.

so i have a green light to go ahead on the alternatives

feeling good, not going to loose a day to depression.

not enough days left regardless of checkout.

hugs,
pete

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Opinion
    Glad you got a second opinion and with a top doctor and one you are comfortable with. If they have given you the go ahead to proceed with all you are doing, then go ahead with it. I'm sorry that they feel there is another tumor lurking somewhere. Hoping you can attack it before it gets bigger. Are they going to put you on something now just to shrink that thing or wait until they see something. I'd think now is the time to attack but I'm not the doctor. Glad you are so positive about it all. Keep up the great line of attack.

Kim
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Pete
    Good news that the PET was clear. I am happy that you are able to enjoy time with your wife and family. I wonder myself if the combination of supplements and alternates you employ in and of themselves are impacting your CEA.

Keep doing what you're doing Pete and my prayers for continued clean scans.
    Amy
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    good scan
    Hi Pete,

Glad to hear the PET came out clear, but I can imagine that it's quite nervewracking to think something is lurking and just hasn't grown large enough to show on the scan. Remember though, that might not be the case- they are just guessing based on the CEA. When I talked to a dr today (the one from England where I'm getting my current treatment), said sometimes when you are on a high dose of antioxidants, that can affect the CEA. Perhaps that could be from the ivC you're on and any other antioxidants in combination?

Glad youi're enjoying life and got the golfing in-

Take care!
    Lisa
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Love the way
    you got in a round of golf in the midst of all the cancer stuff! Can't let cancer define our every moment, despite its best efforts to do so. And I think Lisa may be on to something about the CEA...given that flares have been documented that don't mean tumor progression (in fact, just the opposite), I think I'd take the good news represented by the PET and run with it! Hugs-Ann
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options

Love the way
    you got in a round of golf in the midst of all the cancer stuff! Can't let cancer define our every moment, despite its best efforts to do so. And I think Lisa may be on to something about the CEA...given that flares have been documented that don't mean tumor progression (in fact, just the opposite), I think I'd take the good news represented by the PET and run with it! Hugs-Ann

thanks kim, amy, lisa, annalexandria
    its a great day,
    off to yoga,
    i got reserect the walking/exercising post.
    i like the antioxidant theory.
    time will tell, maybe.

i hope you day if filled with peace and joy.

hugs,
    Pete
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Options
    Enjoy the day
    Every day is special...you know how to do it!!
    Jeff
  • marqimark
    marqimark Member Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    glad
    Glad to hear scan was clear

Keep up the good fight
  • karen40
    karen40 Member Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi Pete
    I glad your scan came out clear. I pray more clarity on all this comes your way.
    Karen
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options
    karen40 said:

Hi Pete
    I glad your scan came out clear. I pray more clarity on all this comes your way.
    Karen

thanks karen, mark and jeff
    The support here is special.
    its a challenging place to be, but its easier with such support.

today is australia day. we are off to a bbq in the park.

hugs,
    Pete