Markers and Monday appointment--Pink Bus please

Options

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    yes I will be on the bus
    but Cypress Cynthia I think you are wrong if you think you will just be feeling us. I know that when I had my MRI last week, I was also hearing everyone. Which means, try to keep this group quiet, it isn't going to happen.

I wish that my Dr. would use markers so that I would have something else to go by. He believes in the Pet Scan and the RO says she goes by the bone scan and MRI's, but at least with the markers, it gives us something to follow that lets us see where we are.

Prayers and good food on the bus tomorrow!

Carol
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    You guys overwhelm me; I am
    You guys overwhelm me; I am tearing up here. I feel (and hear) each and everyone of you. I love you all! After my appointment, I promise we'll swing by Cafe du Monde for cafe au lait and beignets. Following markers has certainly been a mixed bag for me. It helped me get the mets diagnosis, but, since then, it has just stressed me out.

Doris, you asked the insightful question of how do I feel? Somedays are good and other days I am just so darned achey. I try my best to ignore it and get at least my 2 mile walk in. I have given up my second job for now; that NICU (in the city) was so busy that I would leave feeling like a whipped puppy--especially after a 24 hour shift.

My little NICU in the burbs is a better fit. Danny doesn't like me working there, but money is tighter since he retired. I know that we will be fine if we just cut back a little, so I really shouldn't complain.

My goal (besides getting through this onc visit) for the year is to be healthier. I've gained a few pounds (yuck) and I think more exercise would help with my symptoms. I am thinking of taking the yoga for survivors at my hospital Anyone have experience with that?

I'll keep you posted. Thanks to each and everyone one of you--you are in my heart today.
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    Options

You guys overwhelm me; I am tearing up here. I feel (and hear) each and everyone of you. I love you all! After my appointment, I promise we'll swing by Cafe du Monde for cafe au lait and beignets. Following markers has certainly been a mixed bag for me. It helped me get the mets diagnosis, but, since then, it has just stressed me out.

Doris, you asked the insightful question of how do I feel? Somedays are good and other days I am just so darned achey. I try my best to ignore it and get at least my 2 mile walk in. I have given up my second job for now; that NICU (in the city) was so busy that I would leave feeling like a whipped puppy--especially after a 24 hour shift.

My little NICU in the burbs is a better fit. Danny doesn't like me working there, but money is tighter since he retired. I know that we will be fine if we just cut back a little, so I really shouldn't complain.

My goal (besides getting through this onc visit) for the year is to be healthier. I've gained a few pounds (yuck) and I think more exercise would help with my symptoms. I am thinking of taking the yoga for survivors at my hospital Anyone have experience with that?

I'll keep you posted. Thanks to each and everyone one of you--you are in my heart today.

I hope I didn't miss the
    I hope I didn't miss the bus!

Sending good wishes with you today.
  • CypressCynthia
    Options

PS
    Danny doesn't like me working at the busy NICU in the city, not my usual smaller NICU. That wasn't clear was it? Lol, chemo brain?
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

PS
    Danny doesn't like me working at the busy NICU in the city, not my usual smaller NICU. That wasn't clear was it? Lol, chemo brain?

I did get a little late start today ... long week-end
    with parties, and football playoffs! Sorry, I am late ... grrrr ... So glad I made the bus -- I didn't get the chance to whip up a batch of appletini's -- however, I am sure there are 'numerous' wonderful bar's -- in The City Care Forgot!

CC -- gentle hugs as any 'marker' testing sends many of us into a spiral for a few days -- hoping for the best possible results --- . I am getting my 'throws' ready -- there will
    be cause for celebration.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • CypressCynthia
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I did get a little late start today ... long week-end
    with parties, and football playoffs! Sorry, I am late ... grrrr ... So glad I made the bus -- I didn't get the chance to whip up a batch of appletini's -- however, I am sure there are 'numerous' wonderful bar's -- in The City Care Forgot!

CC -- gentle hugs as any 'marker' testing sends many of us into a spiral for a few days -- hoping for the best possible results --- . I am getting my 'throws' ready -- there will
    be cause for celebration.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

OK Vicki Sam, OT, but who
    OK Vicki Sam, OT, but who are you rooting for in the SB: Giants or Pats? I've got to pull for Eli Manning, my hometown boy, because he and his family have done so much for N.O.

My onc visit went well: no scans for now--yay! He didn't have much to say about my markers, but was more concerned with how I'm feeling. I told him about the achiness and he said that that can be a SE of my meds (we know that ;-) don't we?). I see him again in April, but for now a nice reprieve.

Thank you all for coming along!
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options

OK Vicki Sam, OT, but who are you rooting for in the SB: Giants or Pats? I've got to pull for Eli Manning, my hometown boy, because he and his family have done so much for N.O.

My onc visit went well: no scans for now--yay! He didn't have much to say about my markers, but was more concerned with how I'm feeling. I told him about the achiness and he said that that can be a SE of my meds (we know that ;-) don't we?). I see him again in April, but for now a nice reprieve.

Hi,

Back in the mid '70, newspaper columnist Stewart Alsop wrote a memoir on his battle with Leukemia. The title of the book was "Stay of Execution". Every time I left the oncologist office I began to understand the old book more and more.

No scans, not having to lay on that table for what seems like an eternity is wonderful. Enjoy!

Best,

Doris
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options

CC, I looked specifically
    CC, I looked specifically for an update...glad you've got that reprieve!!!

Happy hugs,

Linda
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

I'm dancing, dearheart!!!
    Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options

Double Post
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

Am GLAD!...
    ... and relieved for your reprieve!

Kind regards, Susan
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options

Gentle Yoga
    I went to a couple of the classes through our cancer wellness house and loved them. I could not do the majority of the stretching as you laid on mats on the floor. I could get down but couldn't get back up! The instructor here was so good and patient with me, but I knew it was distracting to the others in the class, even though they were too nice to say anything.

After the last class that I attended she showed me some 'gentle yoga' poses and stretches
    that I could do while lying on my bed or standing (due to balance issues, I have to keep both feet on the ground (smile)).

Hope you enjoy the classes,
    Carol
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

So glad your onc
    appt went well. Yah, no scans for now! I know walking would help my arthritic body and the weight loss but I'm afraid of falling. My body aches all over. Another excuse! LOL

I watched both fb games and I actually am a fan of both. When they play each other though, mu husband roots for Giants and me the Pats :D
    {{hugs}} Char
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options

Hurray for the good visit.
    Hurray for the good visit. I've been along in spirit, if not in actual posts. xoxoxo Lynn
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    camul said:

Gentle Yoga
    I went to a couple of the classes through our cancer wellness house and loved them. I could not do the majority of the stretching as you laid on mats on the floor. I could get down but couldn't get back up! The instructor here was so good and patient with me, but I knew it was distracting to the others in the class, even though they were too nice to say anything.

After the last class that I attended she showed me some 'gentle yoga' poses and stretches
    that I could do while lying on my bed or standing (due to balance issues, I have to keep both feet on the ground (smile)).

Hope you enjoy the classes,
    Carol

I knew it was a reprieve CC,
    I knew it was a reprieve CC, but I'm still a bit out of breath running to catch the pink bus because I wanted to be there to cheer you on. I know that Kay does an extensive yoga survivor class. Check her out on facebook. She recently posted a photo of her yoga group and I'm sure she'd have some good info to share with you. She was recently on a weekend yoga marathon if I remember correctly. Hugs to you special lady.
  • VickiSam
    Options
    natly15 said:

I knew it was a reprieve CC, but I'm still a bit out of breath running to catch the pink bus because I wanted to be there to cheer you on. I know that Kay does an extensive yoga survivor class. Check her out on facebook. She recently posted a photo of her yoga group and I'm sure she'd have some good info to share with you. She was recently on a weekend yoga marathon if I remember correctly. Hugs to you special lady.

"Reprieve" -- such a good term ...
    Regarding the Super Bowl -- I am on board with anything having to do with the Pat's -- adore Tom Brady (as you all know)...

Also, with the most recent passing of Myra Kraft to cancer, the wife of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, a hard-working philanthropist dedicated to numerous Cancer causes, she was 68.

So I am on board with the Patriot's team - this season has been dedicated to Myra Kraft.

Looking forward to a defensively matched game. Now, I am hoping I feel much
    better, so I can entertain this year -- Super Bowl would not be the same - if we
    didn't host a party here at our home.

Cheers to a great game, great friends, family, yummy foods, a good time and a pitcher or two of appletinis, and mimosa's!

Super Bowl 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki Sam
  • VickiSam
    Options
    natly15 said:

Ugh ... this site is giving me heartburn .. recently ... !!!
  • VickiSam
    Options
    natly15 said:

recently .. any time I try to post, I receive this egg timer --

sorry ...
  • VickiSam
    Options
    natly15 said:

• VickiSam
    Options
    natly15 said:

/////////////