NEED KNOWLEDGE - ANYONE EXPERIENCE SENSITIVITY TO HEAD WHILE TAKING CHEMO?

Options
Four year old boy has aggressive cancer and is being treated aggressively. Can any one answer his mother's question, "Have you experienced sensitivity of touch to the head while taking chemo?"

Lots of Hugs,
Janelle

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Loss of hair...
    I would imagine this precious Angel Is losing his hair..when my hair started coming out my scalp was very sore And sensitive to the touch...I couldn't stand anything on my head other than a soft all cotton little skull cap...I even wore it at night...I was warned that I would experience tingling of the scalp but no one told me it would actually hurt! This took about 3-4 weeks before it no longer hurt but it did stay sensitive....perhaps this is what's causing this little boy's sensitivity...and it wouldn't hurt to bring it to his oncologist's attention...

I will pray for this little Angel....it certainly puts things into prospective doesn't it? We adults have our legitimate complaints about having bc, treatments, etc then you hear of innocent children suffering through this horrible disease...makes my troubles so much less....

Hugs,Nancy
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    wow
    Janelle -- I experienced something similar, but when i was loosing the hair. Also the AC infusions gave me bad headaches. Not sure if this may be related to his chemo as well, since it goes to the brain?

I get so sad (and angry at the same time) to know there are little kids going through this. How can I complain? It's not allowed.

Prayers for that baby and his poor mother.
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am so sorry to hear
    Hi, I am so sorry to hear about that little boy and all he has to go through. I was wondering if you posted this under the Childhood Cancer boards here on the CSN website. Perhaps you would get more responses. Maybe you could tell the mom about the discussion boards for childhood cancers, as well.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps
    I experienced scalp sensitiviy while losing my hair. Here are some ideas that may help (of course, check with your physician first):

Use a mild shampoo and pat hair dry; do not rub
    Change cotton pillowcase to a satin or very soft one
    Shave remaining hair (if balding) and apply a little over the counter cortisone cream
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Prayers for the little Man!
    What type cancer/where? Is he getting steroids?

Susan
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

Prayers for the little Man!
    What type cancer/where? Is he getting steroids?

Susan

Yes I did when I was losing
    Yes I did when I was losing my hair too. This poor little angel, I will pray for him.
    Wanda
  • RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sensitivity
    Absolutely agree with other ladies. A little one would only feel 'whats this happening to my head' (scalp) dont understand it and dont touch me. Mine stung for a while, this is the first sign of hair is ready to come out. I got rid of it immediately and tingling, soreness went away. Pat dry in the future. When hair comes back I used Baby Shampoo for a long time. So sorry he has to go though this.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    4 years old
    Just breaks my heart that this nasty disease touches little ones. My heart goes out to him and his family.

My head was tender, kinda like a ponytail pulled to tight. Being a boy, he probably hasn't had that sensation. Poor little guy.

Hugs and prayers, Debi
  • cntgobck03
    cntgobck03 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Yes, my head was super
    Yes, my head was super sensitive when my hair was starting to come out. I couldn't stand for it to be touched. Bless his little heart. My prayers are with him and his family.

Becky