Pain

Options
Muschi
Muschi Member Posts: 85 Member
I am finnished with chemo and radiation but I still have for another 7 month herception treatments. My bones and joines are really hurting now. I asked my onc about it and he didn't seem too worried about it. I did really good with chemo (never got sick) or radiation and now when I thought I was finnished with the worst my body aches so much. Some days more than others. Does anyone went through the same experience like me, it would make it easier on me to endure.
I am really glad that I have found this site here.... it is so encauraging how you dear people help each other.
Thank you..... Ilona
PS. please excuse my gramma, I am German and I like it hear in the USA very much.

Comments

• sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I was a triple negative
    so no herceptin for me. But I have neuropathy that the Dr. just kept saying it will go away. Finaaly had to put my foot down and say do something for this. Now I am on meds that have reduced the pain down to just some stiffness. I am sure there is something the Dr. can give you for the pain so go back in there and insist that he deals with it.
  • Marketing20107
    Marketing20107 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Pain
    I just finished up my herceptin on the 10th of this month. I do know about the joint pain,have your doctor check your vitamin D levels, I was put on Vitamin D, and took over the counter calcium. After my last checkup, I was taken off the precrition Vitamin D, and now I take caltran, vitamin D and calcium. It helped my pain. I also walk 30 minutes a day. Also are you taking tamoiphen yet.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Pain
    I just finished up my herceptin on the 10th of this month. I do know about the joint pain,have your doctor check your vitamin D levels, I was put on Vitamin D, and took over the counter calcium. After my last checkup, I was taken off the precrition Vitamin D, and now I take caltran, vitamin D and calcium. It helped my pain. I also walk 30 minutes a day. Also are you taking tamoiphen yet.

Potassium levels may also be
    Potassium levels may also be low. I didn't do Herceptin but 1/2 way through Taxol started having very low potassium levels so still have to take mega doses of Potassium to keep cramps away. Every now and then I forget to take it. And within a day or 2 the cramps are back in ffet and legs which hurts. A potassium pill will aleviate it shortly.

Susan

Magnesium can also be off.
  • Muschi
    Muschi Member Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Pain

Pain
    Thank you for the good advice. I see the Dr. this coming Thursday and will ask him about giving me vitD and calcium. Hope this will work, I am tired of all that pain everyday. What is tamoiphen for?
    Thanks again and all the best for you!
    Ilona