Report from Ct Scan & Moral support

Options
missgogo
missgogo Member Posts: 58
Just wanted to update report for everyone. The report did not come back good that the tumor that are on the lung has grown that the chemo is not working. So my Dr is going to try a 24hr Adriamycin pump. Then hopefully then I will be able to get into a clinical trial up at Indy in Feb.

Has anyone experinice the 24 hr pump. Cause I was just trying to figure out what to expect. I think the good thing is all my vital signs are in the normal range and the nurse say that is good.

Comments

• serenity92
    serenity92 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Im sorry I dont know
    Im sorry I dont know anything about the pump. I just wanted to offer you some of that moral support. It is so scary when we get news that we dont want to hear. Know that you have my prayers. Please keep us posted. Jayne
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Im sorry I dont know
    Im sorry I dont know anything about the pump. I just wanted to offer you some of that moral support. It is so scary when we get news that we dont want to hear. Know that you have my prayers. Please keep us posted. Jayne

Sending prayers your way. I
    Sending prayers your way. I have experience with adriamycin but not with the 24 hour pump. I pray for a good outcome. Blessings to you.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    natly15 said:

Sending prayers your way. I have experience with adriamycin but not with the 24 hour pump. I pray for a good outcome. Blessings to you.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers
    Missgogo,
    I hope new treatment will work making tumors progression stop and disappear. Please always come here for moral support and friendship.
    hugs
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    No experience
    But you sure are on the prayer list.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-/
    I do not have any expierience with chemo and a pump but I wanted to lend my support and send prayers for you. Hope this new course of treatment does the job!

RE
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Praying for you!

Praying for you!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Prayers
    I never experienced this but I want you to know you'll be in my prayers. Praying your body is strong to take the treatments, praying that there are no complications and praying that you're mentally positive at all times.

So sorry you have to go through this. It's hard and I personally can't imagine. But I believe we all have it inside of us to focus and take control of any given situation. And you will too. And you will do well. Those are my thoughts to you.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

No experience
    But you sure are on the prayer list.

I don't know anything about
    I don't know anything about the pump either, but, want you to know that I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs, Jan
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    No Experience with Pump
    Hi MissGogo,

I am sorry that I do not have experience with a pump, though I have heard of them. You might Google the words breast cancer adriamycin 24 hour pump infusion. Play with some of the wording. I did and came up with other discussion boards, etc. that might offer you information.

I have a lot of tumors in both lungs, lining and ribs but, I am ER positive. We are very different in how we are treated. Until one finds the right drug for them it can be so very discouraging. Keep your spirits up, hoping Adriamycin will help and that a clinical trial will knock that lung tumor out.

Best wishes to you,

Doris
  • Ginny_B
    Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
    Options
    Mom has a 24/hr chemo pump
    Mom has a 24/hr chemo pump for Esophageal Cancer. Her poison is 5FU. They inserted a PICC line in her arm and attach the pump to the port. Mom wears her pump around her waist like a fanny pack. Mom is 84 and tolerated it well. Goes in once a week for fresh chemo and to have the PICC line dressing changed.
  • Jobi
    Jobi Member Posts: 211
    Options
    Prayers
    I am here to offer as much support and prayers that you need! I don't have any experience with pump, but I do have experience with prayer.

Good luck!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Ginny_B said:

Mom has a 24/hr chemo pump
    Mom has a 24/hr chemo pump for Esophageal Cancer. Her poison is 5FU. They inserted a PICC line in her arm and attach the pump to the port. Mom wears her pump around her waist like a fanny pack. Mom is 84 and tolerated it well. Goes in once a week for fresh chemo and to have the PICC line dressing changed.

I have no experience with
    I have no experience with the pump either but wanted to let you know that I am sending you good luck, positive thoughts and lots of cyber hugs!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Jobi said:

Prayers
    I am here to offer as much support and prayers that you need! I don't have any experience with pump, but I do have experience with prayer.

Good luck!

Missgogo
    So sorry, I can not help or enlighten your worries about the 24hour pump - can you
    ask your physician if there is literature, or DVR regarding pump device. Sirod made
    an excellent suggestion regarding Google.

Continued health, good vital signs and Strength - I pray for you.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Jobi said:

Prayers

Good luck!

Sending you prayers and lots
    Sending you prayers and lots of hugs!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Jobi said:

Prayers

Good luck!

I am adding my prayers and
    I am adding my prayers and support to you!