~Asking for prayers and positive thoughts for my daughter~

Options
RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited January 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
I have struggled with sharing this because my daughter is so private and some of you know her from face book. I am asking that if you are my friend on fb that this not be mentioned there. My daughter is facing a biopsy of her thyroid this coming Thursday as they found several lumps in her thyroid and the ultra sound looked suspicious. My Aunt, my Mom, and my sister have all had breast cancer as well as stomach, ovarian and pancreatic cancer. My husband's sister had cancer of the uterus but to my knowledge no one has had thyroid cancer. I am worried but have played as if I am not so as not to spook her. She has a husband and three beautiful children who need her and I need her! I do not know how long it will take to get the results so I will continue to act as if I am not too worried. If you are a prayerful person please, please, please lift her in prayer and if not lift her in positive thoughts and positive vibes. Shhhh remember this is hush hush please no mention on fb.

My best to everyone!!!

RE

Comments

• Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    I will definitely have her
    I will definitely have her in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs Frankie
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    on the list
    Quietly praying. Yes Facebook is not the place for this.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

on the list
    Quietly praying. Yes Facebook is not the place for this.

Re,
    My heart goes out to you and your daughter. My prayers for her are there. I do know that if this should be your worst fear that she could have no one better to stand beside than you. I just hope she doesn't need it. With love and kindness to you and your family.
    Stef
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    (Quiet) prayers going up!!!
    Oh, Rena...as if you haven't had enough to worry about...

I am sending big hugs to you and to your daughter, as well...

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Prayers, positive thoughts and positive vibes...for your beautiful daughter!

I can only imagine how difficult this is for all of you, so will also send a bit of strength your way. God bless you sweet RE...

CR
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Sending some good thoughts
    Sending some good thoughts and pixie dust your way..

Denise
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Prayers, RE. xoxoxox Lynn

Prayers, RE. xoxoxox Lynn
  • Penny67
    Penny67 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    I will definitely keep your
    I will definitely keep your daughter in my prayers. Hopefully I can ease your worries a bit. I also have a lot of cancer that runs in both sides of my family. My grandfather had thyroid cancer 30 years ago (he just died this summer at age 96). As I was in the middle of treatment for bc and having all the scans and tests they discovered a nodule on my thyroid that was also glowing on the PET scan, followed by an ultrasound that looked suspicious. I freaked out to say the least, because I was in the middle of treatment for bc, had lost my husband 9 years ago to cancer and have 3 children at home.

The radiologist that did my biopsy assured me that over 80% or more of these nodules are benign. After he took the three samples and brought them down to pathology, he came up about 30 minutes later and told me they had enough tissue for pathology. He must have sensed my dismay (maybe it was because I burst into tears) so he took my hands, looked me in the eye and told me, "You don't need to worry about this one" and repeated himself about 4 times. I found out the next day that the nodule was benign and even if it hadn't been, thyroid cancer is extremely easy to treat and compared to all other cancers it is curable by removing the thyroid. The more people I talked to the more people I met without thyroids (for various reasons). Hope that eases your mind a bit.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Penny67 said:

I will definitely keep your
    I will definitely keep your daughter in my prayers. Hopefully I can ease your worries a bit. I also have a lot of cancer that runs in both sides of my family. My grandfather had thyroid cancer 30 years ago (he just died this summer at age 96). As I was in the middle of treatment for bc and having all the scans and tests they discovered a nodule on my thyroid that was also glowing on the PET scan, followed by an ultrasound that looked suspicious. I freaked out to say the least, because I was in the middle of treatment for bc, had lost my husband 9 years ago to cancer and have 3 children at home.

The radiologist that did my biopsy assured me that over 80% or more of these nodules are benign. After he took the three samples and brought them down to pathology, he came up about 30 minutes later and told me they had enough tissue for pathology. He must have sensed my dismay (maybe it was because I burst into tears) so he took my hands, looked me in the eye and told me, "You don't need to worry about this one" and repeated himself about 4 times. I found out the next day that the nodule was benign and even if it hadn't been, thyroid cancer is extremely easy to treat and compared to all other cancers it is curable by removing the thyroid. The more people I talked to the more people I met without thyroids (for various reasons). Hope that eases your mind a bit.

Our dear, dear RE...
    Am so, so sorry for this new cancer scare. Of course, am sending up my most sincerely hopeful prayers on behalf of your beloved & beautiful daughter - and for you, her family, all your family.

Also, I truly hope that Penny67's post will help to ease your worst fears over these next few days - even if just a little bit. She is absolutely correct - I know because my Dad went through this just a few years ago.

Love, Susan xo
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Re: You know you have my heartfelt prayers that everything goes well. I have everything crossed. Hugs!
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Your Daughter
    Oh,RE. I cannot imagine having to worry about my child (no matter their age) possibly having cancer. I am sure the stress is sky high. My thoughts are with you both. I am hoping for only good things in your future.

IRENE
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Hugs
    Thank you all I so appreciate your support! Penny the information you provided certainly helps to ease my worries a tad and I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share it with me! I will update everyone once I know more.

♥ RE ♥
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Hugs
    Thank you all I so appreciate your support! Penny the information you provided certainly helps to ease my worries a tad and I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share it with me! I will update everyone once I know more.

♥ RE ♥

Praying
    Praying for your daughter that no cancer is found.

I can keep a secret.I've kept them for many years.My friend's confide in me when things are rough.

You family history is high for all types of cancer on both sides. My mom and niece had bc in our family.That is the maternal side.A few on my husbands side had cancer.Lung.You have a very long list.

Keep us informed.

Lynn Smith
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Praying
    Praying for your daughter that no cancer is found.

I can keep a secret.I've kept them for many years.My friend's confide in me when things are rough.

You family history is high for all types of cancer on both sides. My mom and niece had bc in our family.That is the maternal side.A few on my husbands side had cancer.Lung.You have a very long list.

Keep us informed.

Lynn Smith

RE prayers for you, your daughter and your entire family!!! I know of 3 people who had thyroid cancer and as Penny said it is very treatable and they are all doing great. One of them was my social worker at the cancer center, another was a secretary and my best friend's son. God is in control and you will be receiing many prayers. Love and Hugs
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    natly15 said:

RE prayers for you, your daughter and your entire family!!! I know of 3 people who had thyroid cancer and as Penny said it is very treatable and they are all doing great. One of them was my social worker at the cancer center, another was a secretary and my best friend's son. God is in control and you will be receiing many prayers. Love and Hugs

You, your daughter and family are in my prayers....

God Bless
    Eva
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    epark said:

You, your daughter and family are in my prayers....

God Bless
    Eva

Dear Re,
    Of course you, your

Dear Re,
    Of course you, your daughter and family will be getting some extra special prayers! My oldest daughter had thyroid cancer 6 years ago and she is completely cancer free now.
    I know we all pray that it isn't that but most of the time this cancer is completely curable.
    All my best,
    HUGS,
    Wanda
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Dear Re,
    Of course you, your

Dear Re,
    Of course you, your daughter and family will be getting some extra special prayers! My oldest daughter had thyroid cancer 6 years ago and she is completely cancer free now.
    I know we all pray that it isn't that but most of the time this cancer is completely curable.
    All my best,
    HUGS,
    Wanda

Oh, Re, I will lift your daughter up in prayer
    as well as pray for you and your family. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. We never, ever want our children to suffer and we have to comfort them and make light of it even though we are crying inside.

As I am currently dealing with the beast going to stage 4, a lovely man in my group therapy session gave me a simple thought last week, "Let go, let God." I have tried to keep this as my mantra and please know that God has your daughter in his arms and will take care of her.

Hugs, Renee
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options

Dear Re,
    Of course you, your

Dear Re,
    All my best,
    HUGS,
    Wanda

My dear RE
    Your daughter and her family are in my prayers, hoping that you har the best possible news on Thursday. As stated above, thyroid cancer (if God forbid it turns out to be) is something that is easily treated by removal of the thyroid. However, that being said, I know how you must be worrying about this procedure. Please post when you have more news, and I will put you and your daughter on my prayer list with friends. Power of prayer, what would we do without it. Hugs, Judy
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know that both of you are in my prayers.

Helen
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Prayers on their way
    I will be sure to lift her and her family up in prayer as soon as I finish sending this off.